Chapter 4 ~ Knowing Alex

Chapter 4 ― Knowing Alex

I can’t stop smiling since Alex actually accepted to come and once she is finally here, I feel like a kid on Christmas’ morning. I’m learning a lot about her and we’re having such a great time. Playing Guitar Hero is so much fun when we’re with them and I learn Alex knows how to play drums and that Phebs has an amazing voice. I mean like holy shit.

The girls and us get along so great. It’s almost like we’ve been friends all our lives. Phebs and Liam really bond, Belle is amazing and we all like her and Alex… well, Alex is just amazing. Every single thing I find out about her makes me more fascinated. I feel like a kid with his first crush, always behind her.

I also learn that she is a very ticklish person and yeah, we all take advantage of that. It’s hilarious, you can’t touch her without Alex jumping five feet in the air. Almost like cats in cartoons. In a moment when we give her a break I take her hands and help her to go back to her feet and in that moment I swear that whatever I’m feeling is not unilateral. When she looks me in the eyes, with such intensity, making me forget there are more people around us, I actually believe there’s something between us.

I really want to believe I’m right.

After we finish with Guitar Hero the girls make food for us. I know we behave like children, moaning for food. Louis even jokes with the carrots.

Here’s the think about Lou and carrots: he is not obsessed with them. That time when he said he liked girls who eat carrots he was just trying to be funny. And it’s kinda amusing that everyone thinks he loves those vegetables dearly. He likes to joke along and he pretends he loves them when he doesn’t even like carrots that much. Louis just likes to make people laugh and as the girls are new in our lives, he is doing anything to make them like him. He fakes crying, he dramatises a lot, he fakes he has a relationship with Harry. Yeah, the whole Larry Stylinson is not real, is just because they are so close that anyone could think they are together, but they are not. Again, they just joke along because it makes other people laugh and because it’s funny for them, too. I mean, Louis even has a girlfriend and he really loves Eleanor.

Nevertheless, that doesn’t stop Louis to declare Alex as his wife after the black-haired girl makes a special carrot sauce just for him. I think she actually believes Louis with the whole carrot thing. I know Louis doesn’t fancy Alex, he is in love with Eleanor and this is as serious as his love for carrots and his relationship with Harry. But still, it bugs me a little bit.

By the way, I think Alex is perfect. I mean, her cooking? It’s a gift from the gods. There’s no other way to describe what she can do. Any man would fall in love with her just because of her cooking skills.

Anyways, I was saying that when we do the twitcam, right after Alex scares us when we finish watching Paranormal Activity Two. I swear, I won’t watch horror movies with Alex ever again, it only makes me look like a pussy in front of her because I do get scared. Easily. I can’t even pretend to be brave. Okay, carry on, after all that we do a twitcam and the viewers think Alex and Louis have something going on and yes, that bugs me a lot.

But then people also think there’s something between Alex and I… I don’t blame them, after all I blurted out that we like her… meaning I like her. Not only her amazing cooking skills and her badass attitude. I really like her. And when people ask about that I feel heat in my cheeks but I can’t get rid of the smile when she doesn’t deny the possibility of something between us. She made clear that between her and Louis something will never happen, but with me… she kinda left it open and that gives me hope.

Maybe that’s why when the girls are leaving I ask Alex to talk in private. It’s been an amazing night and I know I have a huge crush on Alex and maybe it’s too soon, but I have to try again. I don’t think our different styles matter anymore, I know we get along and we have many thins in common. We don’t agree on everything but I like to hear her point of view on all the things. I like to hear why she believes in what she believes and I may not agree, but I understand her and respect her.

When we’re finally alone, I have a hard time finding the words.

“Um, I was… So… Alex…” I mumble like an idiot. “Okay. I was wondering if you would like to go out with me,” I blurt out and her cute smile disappears in that moment, shock written all over her face.

And here I was, thinking it was evident what I wanted when I asked her to come with me.

“I…” she begins and I feel a knot in my guts and I have a bad feeling. But we’ve had many moments tonight and I know we get along. “Sorry, Niall, but I can’t. You know I just broke up with my ex-boyfriend and I’m not ready for anything yet. Anything romantic, at least. But we can be friends,” she says and I feel my soul sinking at her words.

A part of me was expecting this, I mean, I know it is too soon and still, but there’s something between us, I’m sure of that. I feel it, like I’ve never felt it before. It’s the first time I feel this way with a girl. I mean, I really want to know her, not just to be with her. I really wanna know all what’s in her mind and I wanna know everything about her. I’ve never felt like this for someone before.

I’m not asking her to marry me, just a date, but she turns me down. Again. And I know it’s not because I’m not exactly her type.

I really hate that arsehole who broke her heart.

“Yeah, you’re right. Just friends,” I repeat, very disappointed. I’m not okay with being just friends, but I understand she can’t start something new just know. But still! It’s just so conflictive.

“Niall,” she says but whatever she has to say gets cut off when someone calls her name. “Niall,” she repeats and this time our eyes meet as she takes a step forward. “In other situation, I would’ve loved to go out with you. You’re sweet, funny, clever, caring, and so many other things, but this is not the moment.”

And I curse for that. Bad timing. Trust me to meet the perfect girl in the worst moment. Well, at least I didn’t meet her when she was in a relationship. That could’ve been worse.

“Do you think I could change your mind?” I ask because I don’t want to stay just friends. If there’s hope, I can wait. But I need to know if I’ll have a chance.

Alex smiles and gets even closer to kiss my cheek. I swear I feel a shiver going down my spine.

“I can’t tell you that. You have to find out,” she says softly, her eyes meeting mine and I feel my heart skipping a beat, just like Olly’s song. I have to tell him it’s possible. “Bye, Niall.” She says stepping back and leaving my flat.

I smile like an idiot because she didn’t exactly tell me I have a chance, but she didn’t deny it either and that’s enough for me. I will change her mind, even if I have to wait. I’ll give her all the time she needs to heal and then I’ll ask her again. And if she turns me down again, I’ll have to keep trying.

Alex is certainly an extraordinary girl, that kind of girl you don’t meet twice and I can’t just let her go without trying. Really trying. So I’ll wait until she is ready, I bet she is worth it. I feel it.

-:-:-:-

Nialler, such a cute boy <3 Anyways, thanks for all your comments and votes. I love hearing your thoughts. Just so you know, the epilogue of this story will also be the epilogue of the series, which means... all te couples will be included.

Dedication to @imalover3. I hope a publish a book, too.

Bel, xx