Chapter 9 ~ Games

Chapter 9 ― Games

The next day Louis and Liam go out with Danielle and Eleanor as they come to see them, leaving Harry, Zayn and I in the hotel room. We could go out, but we’re not exactly in the mood. I’m not in the mood, to be honest. I’m really tired after last night’s gig. Being on tour is amazing but exhausting and no matter how much we prepare for every show, the sugar crush that comes the next day is always overwhelming.

But as much as we don’t want to go out, we don’t want to bore to death. For what I know —meaning what Harry told us— Alex and the girls are also in the hotel.

“We should see what the girls are doing,” I propose as offhandedly as I can because Zayn is there and I know he fancies Alex. I don’t need him to tell me and I won’t tell him what I feel for her. I don’t wanna argue with him over a girl.

“They said it was a girl afternoon. What if the attack us?” Harry ponders and Zayn laughs. I don’t blame him, after all Harry is saying nonsense. “Oi! It’s true. You never know what a girl can do when you interrupt them.”

“You’re being overdramatic. I think you’re spending too much time with Louis,” Zayn teases him and Harry sighs, knowing the Bradford boy is right.

“That shit is contagious. Let’s go now!” Harry jumps off his bed —we are in his room— and rushes to the door. Chuckling, Zayn and I follow him and we head to the girls’ room.

As we approach we hear some noises. It sounds like an animal is being killed and for a second it worries me, but then I kind of recognise Alex’s voice and I stop. Holy shit, she really can’t sing, and her friends know it because we hear them laughing once she ends the song.

Zayn and Harry look at me with what I believe is my same expression: a mix between sadness and horror. “She’s terrible,” Harry comments and we nod. I feel sorry for Alex but at the same time I can’t stop laughing.

Probably one of the things I like the most about Alex is that she is not perfect. I’ve always said that I’m looking for my princess —Management loved me when I said that because it gave hope to the fans, but I was being serious—, but Alex is no princess. She is tough, she is not a lady in distress who needs saving, she has her talents but she has many weaknesses, she is not exactly the most beautiful girl around —although I believe she is beyond gorgeous. Alex is not a princess, she is just Alex.

We knock at the door and after Alex asks who is at the other side Harry answers, “three bored lads.” Which is very much true.

I’m not sure what I was expecting when she allowed us to come in, but it certainly wasn’t to be attacked with pillows. Yes, I never expected I would walk into a pillow fight and you think girls have these nice pillow fights, like in movies. No, never expect that from Alex, Belle and Phebs. Seriously, those girls know how to hit!

We fight for our lives as we laugh and try to avoid as many blows as we can, but I think they do this for a living. They have mastered the art of pillow fight! But in a moment I hear Alex scream and as I turn to look at her, Belle almost beheads me with one swift blow.

“HELP!” She shouts so I recover from Belle’s hit. “I don’t wanna hurt you, Zayn! Let me go!” And then I see how he is tickling her and how she is fighting to break free. She tries to escape but he catches her again “NOOOOO!”

That’s the moment when I decide to intervene and when she reaches to something or someone, I catch her hand and pull her.

“We have to run!” I tell her when she meets my eyes and before Zayn catches her again, I urge her to flee.