Chapter 6 ~ Bubbly Alex

Chapter 6 ― Bubbly Alex

It’s the day. It’s the day! We’re actually going to pick the girls so we can leave tomorrow all together. They will be staying in the same bus as us. Management made sure to get an even bigger bus with more bunks so it’s perfect. This is the most excited I’ve been for a tour and I look as a kid in Christmas’ morning when we’re leaving to pick the girls. I have a feeling this is gonna be the best summer ever. Not only for the tour, that’s always fun, but I’ll get to spend a lot of time with Alex, we’ll get closer and who knows? Maybe by that time she’ll be better and I’ll ask her out again.

And everyone is gonna be happy!

“Niall!” Liam shouts and only then I blink and realise they have been trying to get my attention all the time.

Oops! I feel my cheeks burning already for the caught me daydreaming. Again. Man, I feel like I’m a thirteen-year-old boy all over again. “Sorry. What?”

“Are you ready? Phebs texted me saying they are ready. We can go pick them up now,” the Wolverhampton boy replies and I feel my smile growing impossibly wider. “I take that as a ‘more than ready.’ Let’s go, lads!”

And like that we’re off to pick up the girls. Louis is really happy and he is the first to walk inside once Belle opens the door for us, running to Alex already. Sometimes I find funny their game, sometimes I just wanna push him off the window for touching her so much. I feel very conflicted here, he should be careful.

And talking about Alex, she’s on the sofa and she smiles, but she looks down. Like really, really tired. I know they went shopping today and she is not fond of that activity, but I don’t think it was that bad. So I stay next to her and try to be as casual as possible. I wrap my arm around her shoulders. “How are you? You seem tired,” I ask her and her eyes widen. What? Why is she so surprised I ask that? I notice things about her, of course, because I pay a lot of attention to her.

Yeah, you can call me whipped.

“Nothing to worry about,” she replies with a smile, but she still looks tired. Impulsively, I kiss her temple, trying to make her feel all right. I try not to show how being like this with her makes me feel, I try to play it cool, you know? Dignity is important.

“We’re leaving tomorrow,” Liam informs when Alex looks at them. “That’s why you have to come with us now. We’ll go in the tour bus, but we’ll get hotel rooms in each city, so you don’t have to worry. I’m so glad you’re coming with us.” It’s funny how he was the hardest to convince yet now he is really excited.

Alex smiles but I notice how she tenses and looks at Phebs and she is smiling, but there’s something odd with her eyes. I don’t know what’s going on here, but there’s something. Of that I’m sure.

“It’s gonna be bloody amazing!” Louis shouts ever so excited. As usual with him.

“So grab your stuff ‘cos we’re going. Do you have everything ready?” Liam asks, taking charge of everything as it’s normal with him.

“Yup. We just have to go get our things,” Belle replies and I’m surprised Alex doesn’t even try to move. “Who can help us?” Belle actually bats her eyelashes like in movies, which makes the guys laugh but they follow her.

I stand up but Alex stops me. She doesn’t say anything, but her eyes are asking me to stay and that kind of worries me.

“Are you really okay?” I ask, getting more worried by the second.

“Nothing I can’t handle, Niall. I just want you to stay with me for a while. Please?” She tells me and I feel something twisting in my guts at the way she utters those words. I can’t say no to her. I just can’t.