Chapter 13 ~ Dance With Me

Chapter 13 ― Dance With Me

The next morning when I wake up I have Alex cuddling next to me, with her face hidden in my chest and I feel all tingly inside at the sight. This has to be the best way to wake up, with the most amazing girl in my arms.

We didn’t do anything, okay? Just cuddling and kissing while we were ‘watching’ Captain America on the telly. I had to distract her from staring at Chris Evans for too long.

She wakes up slowly. “Morning, love,” I say when she meets my eyes.

“Morning,” she replies with a cute smile that warms me up and I hug her tightly because I can.

I look at my right and I see the digital clock on the nightstand. “We have to be in the studio in an hour. I wonder why the lads haven’t just popped up in my room…” I muse as I kiss her forehead.

But right in that moment, cue to my words, not only the lads but Phebs and Belle storm into my room. “Up, up, up, up, up, up!” Lou sings annoyingly. “We’re gonna be late!”

“Did you use protection? Niall is too young to be father! I expect you to be responsible, Alex!” Harry cries, taking Alex face in his hands.

“Wef didft dof anyfing!” She tries to say and I feel my own cheeks burning. I bet that if Harry lets go of Alex’s face I could see her cheeks all flushed, too.

“You’re the oldest in this relationship! Behave as such!” He carries on and I just rolled my eyes.

“I thought I was going to be the father of your kids!” Louis cries out finding shelter in Liam.

“Oh, see what you did? You broke his sweet heart!” Liam reprimands and my head hurts. They are being too noisy and childish and it’s too early. “And you call him unfaithful,” he adds making Belle and Phebs giggle.

“Get off!” I push them off, all of them. There are limits and they are crossing them. “I just woke up and can’t deal with you right now!”

“Okay, get ready ‘cos we’re leaving in thirty,” Belle reminds us all as Alex and I keep fighting to get the lads off of us. “C’mon, leave them alone and return the cardkey to the cleaning lady. I still don’t know how you got it,” she muses and I’m surprised too. How did they bribe that poor lady? “You have to tell us everything later!” They tell Alex before exiting the room, leaving us alone again.

I wrap my arms around her, her back against my chest. “Can you be ready in twenty?” I ask, kissing her cheek.

“But they said thirty,” she protests confused.

“Aye, but I might steal you for a bit,” I say moving her in my arms so she can face me and then I kiss her, like I’ve been wanting to do since we woke up and before the lads burst into my room.

After a good snogging session, we manage to be ready very quickly and meet with the lads in the van to go to the studio. We spend many hours there rehearsing the new song so everything turns out perfectly. It’s a surprise for the fans and we really hope they will like this new song.

Once we’re free to take a break, I go practically running to where Alex is waiting for us and I take her hand, pulling her next to me. Although I’m sweaty and everything, she doesn’t push me away. “Dance with me?” I ask softly in her head and I feel her shivering.

“No way! They’ll see me and I won’t allow that to happen. Nope,” she replies trying to step back but I don’t let her.

“Oh, c’mon! I’m not asking you to do your amazing moves. Just dance with me,” I insist. I’m just so pumped up, I really want to dance with her.

“I think you just want me to teach you some moves so you can be a ballerina, but I’m sorry to blow up your pink bubble, Niall: you can’t be a ballerina, it’s too late for you,” she tells me sympathetically.

“Damn it! I wanted to wear a pink tutu!” I protest as if she has indeed crushed my dreams.

Louis hears me saying that and as usual, he has to make a show out of it. “If Niall is wearing a tutu, so am I! We’re gonna look great!” He chirps and Alex laughs out loud.

“You’re so gay sometimes,” she muses and Louis joins the hug, so we kind of crush her bones.

“Come on, dance with me. You pick the song!” I offer and she sighs. Yes! I got her.

“Fine.”

She then goes to the music room to plug in her iPod and I recognise the melody: Rocketeer and my smile plays on my lips when she comes next to me. She takes my hands and puts them on her hips as she starts to move at the rhythm of the tune. I try to follow her and it’s not that hard, but then she tries to teach me some hip-hop moves and I lose it.

The rest also try to join us and it turns out to be very funny and I know she is having a great time. I can tell she loves dancing, she told me that during our date, how she used to love dancing although she had to wear pink and everything. She looked very sad when she told me how much she hated she couldn’t dance anymore.

“Thanks,” I say softly when the song ends. “Even if you don’t want to dance for us in one of our concerts, you should keep dancing, even if it’s only for yourself, because you love it. Don’t stop just ‘cos you can’t do it on a stage anymore.”

She only looks me in the eyes for a few seconds, thinking of what I tell her and I know when she accepts it because her smile grows wider.

“You’re right. Thanks,” She tells me, hugging me tightly and giving me a kiss and I smile, too, happy because she is happy right now.

-:-:-:-

Short chapter I know, but it had to end there.

Today I went to watch This Is Us... I'm still drowning in my feels. I can't. I just can't. It's so perfect, so beautiful. I didn't cry :3 I'm strong like that. Havi, Mila and Maquita were sobbing xD Tomorrow we're going again! yay!

Dedication to @cliche_ginger23 for always being such a good reader!

Bel, xx