Chapter 7 ~ Dream Of A Kiss

Chapter 7 ― Dream of a Kiss

I wish I could fully enjoy Alex’s state, but I can’t. I mean, she is next to me the whole day, hugging me, being all cute and adorable and I swear I have my heart beating like crazy the whole time. I kind of take advantage of the situation and I keep her close to me all the time, giving her kisses on her temple, stroking her hair and things like those. But I also hate she is like this because I know she is in pain. Kind of. I know she’s under the effect of many pills and she is not in actually pain, but I know this effect will fade eventually and she’ll suffer and I hate that.

Periods and all those things are something too weird for me and I never thought of them so much in my life. I try not to do it now, I just focus on Alex’s pain and I hate it. I’m so grateful I’m a guy so I don’t have to go through that.

I notice that during the day Zayn watches us and the way he looks is only a confirmation that he also fancies Alex. It’s so obvious and that really scares me. That’s why when I catch Zayn staring at us, I hug Alex tighter, as if like that I can’t stop Zayn from, in a way, stealing her from me.

And the worst part is that Alex and I are not together so I can’t exactly lose her and Zayn can’t steal her from me… but still. In my head it makes sense.

Our tour bus this time is bigger because the girls are coming with us here, so it has four sets of bunks and I’m kind of sorry they’ll have to cope with us for over a month. We’re messy, we’re annoying… we’re five boys who can be really loud and random. I hope they don’t end up killing us.

After we watch a movie Liam reminds us we have to go to bed. We’ll arrive early to our first destination so we need to get some rest. I kind of dread the end of the day because Alex said: Niall’s day. She didn’t say Niall’s week or Niall’s month, so I’m not sure what’s gonna happen next.

I’m about to go to my bunk when she stops me. She looks so nervous and her cheeks are burning bright. “I just… I was wondering… May I sleep with you tonight? I don’t wanna sleep alone,” she says in a whisper and I know she has to fight really hard to say those words. “I don’t snore nor kick whilst sleeping.” I smile as I step closer, loving how adorable and funny she can be. “At night it hurts the most and I don’t like to be alone when that happens,” she confesses and it breaks my heart that she has to go through this.

“Of course you may, love,” I answer, so glad she’s asked me this.

She smiles brightly at me and I feel my heart skipping a beat, as it’s normal every time I lock eyes with Alex. We wait for everyone to fall asleep before going to bed so no one will bother us. Once we’re in my bunk I wrap my arms around her body and bring her close, trying to breathe as evenly as I can. She feels so right in my arms, next to me that it’s ridiculous. It makes me feel so happy and content.

I feel so great with Alex in my arms that I fall asleep without noticing it. One moment I’m awake, the next I’m sleeping. And I know I’m sleeping because I dream of being with my eyes closed, still holding Alex. But she turns in my arms and stares at me. I have my eyes closed, but I know she is staring at me. I don’t know what’s going through her mind, but she leans in and pecks my lips. A soft touch that last a few seconds only, but her taste lingers in my lips even when she pulls away.

And then she leaves me alone in the bed and the funny thing is that when I wake up I swear I still feel Alex’s lips on mine. That dream was so realistic. And the fact that she is not next to me when I wake up makes me wonder if I dreamt of it at all.

When I leave my bed I notice everyone is around the breakfast table and they are murmuring. When I get there I see them observing Alex who’s sound asleep on the booth.