Chapter 9 (Pringles!!)

Chloe's POV

It's nearly one week since Luke and I's first date and I'm still trying to figure out how to tell Nick that I'm dating him. Luke and I have stolen glances at each other and texted constantly. But Nick had me working at the hospital for some extra money to keep the apartment and not use my mystery daddy money. Tonight I'm telling Nick about me and Luke. I need to get them on good terms but right now I have to go to my music class to film another cover video.

The teacher is actually grading me on it, but we got a new art teacher. Whom is actually forcing me to do the rest of the course work. That's why I need Nick on my side and fast. Because he is the artsy one and I will need his help. I know he's suspecting something he just doesn't know what it is. . . Yet. We're going out to dinner tonight and I invited Luke so we can break it to him gently. Since I'm sort of in an art school. Everyone wants to do something in show business. Almost everyone, there are the few exceptions.

"You excited for dinner tonight?" I ask Nic as we walk towards the hospital. "Yeah, you said you had something you wanted to tell me."

"Yeah I do actually and I need you not to freak out. Okay."

~~~

We walk over to our apartment before heading out for dinner. And to say I'm afraid is the understatement of the year. Nick has always been there for me and I feel super guilty not telling him about my whereabouts with Luke. I feel kind of stupid just saying yes to Luke the moment he asked me to be his girlfriend. I mean honestly that is the way a slut would behave. I wonder if I made a mistake, or if I made the right choice. Will Luke and I be over in a month or so? Or will he be my high school sweetheart? Wait no Luke isn't even in high school.

"What are you over thinking this time?" Shit he's not supposed to know what I'm thinking. How will I cover this one up. I'm a terrible liar, he'll see right through me. "Uhm life in general." I cover hoping he'll buy it, but he just nods. Just then my phone starts vibrating in my pocket causing me to jump. I take hold of the silver mobile phone and press it to my ear. "Hello?" I answer not recognizing the number. "Hey babe. It's Luke I can't make it tonight."

"It's fine we'll make it some other night then okay." I smile even thought he can't see me. I wonder why he can't come. Is this going to be the first disappointment of many? "Bye" I try to hide the disappointment in my own voice and kill the line before he can say anything else. I mope over to Nick and slightly poke on his strong and muscular arm. He gives me a bright smile the moment he turns around. "Uhm can we make dinner for another night. My friend can't make it." I ask him with a disappointed look on my face.

"Sure, I don't mind but my friend can make it. So we're getting Pizza and movies." a smile immediately takes over my mopy disappointed frown. I jump on my big bro's back allowing him to carry me further into our building. "Which friend of you can make it?" I ask him the moment he sets me down on the floor.

"Oh just James." he shrugs getting his phone out to order the pizza's. "What pizza do you want?"

"A meaty feast." I answer before heading to my room.

" I answer before heading to my room