Chapter 11( He's gone!)

Chloe's POV

I haven't talked to Nick in two weeks and he leaves tomorrow. I sort of feel guilty for shutting him out like this, but he's leaving me and he insulted me in the worst way possible. After he promised he never would until I graduate. So much for that hey? Anyway a broken promise is just that. And broken things can't be fixed. "Okay people. We have asked all of you here today, to introduce you to a new member of our staff. He is here to help you all with any of your arts and drama projects and course work for our internal examinations, so that it's easier to work on you theory subjects like science for the international ones." The headmaster announces to all of us. "Sir why now?" one of the girls in the front asks.

"Well, some awareness has been brought to us that some of you have a lot of work to do and might need help." He locks eyes with me and I immediately know it was Nick who brought this up to the principle. "Bullshit." I murmur just loud enough for Angela to hear me. "Why would you say that?" she looks at me instead of the stage. "No reason." I walk away from her and closer to stage. "Guys meet James. He'll be here to help anyone at any time okay." With that the headmaster dismisses all of us and I turn around to leave school.

I need to speak to Nick. I can't have him leaving, thinking I hate him for following his dreams and running his mouth. That would be completely and utterly selfish of me. I allow my feet to move faster with each step I take. Feeling a slight breeze go over my face as dying leaves crunch under my every step. 

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

 The sounds get on my nerves causing me to only move faster. Like there's some kind of imaginary monster chasing me, like in the scary movies. I lucky to catch Nick just as he leaves our building. Can he see me though. Or is he just ignoring me. "Nick!" I shout at least three times trying to get an reaction from him. Tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. Tired of shouting the stupid four letter nickname. I resort to something he'll always react to. "Nicholas Aiden Daniel Wilson!"

"What do you want." He finally answers.  I knew that would get to him. He never could stand his full names. "I'm sorry okay. And I came here to say goodbye."

I can feel myself shaking while I'm still enveloped inside my brother's arms. I can't believe he's leaving me. He is going to follow his dreams and leaving me to do the same. Alone. I never expected him to always be there just until graduation. He lets me go and my feelings run freely down my face in salty black stripes making me look like something out of 'The Walking Dead'. I slowly start to walk up the hill back to my school. Trying to clean my face with wet wipes.I run into school completely ignoring all the rude stares I'm getting and continue run until I find my best friend. Next to her is James and instead of going to Angela I head straight to James.

"He's gone! "I sob into his chest.