Chapter 5 (Lunch Meetings)

Chloe's POV

It's been a week since I last spoke to him, I need to find out what his name is. My brother refuses to let me out of his sight. In the mornings like right now he walks me to school stays outside the gate and watches me until I go in. And when school closes he's right outside waiting for me to come out. It's infuriating to say the least. But pretty soon he has to start working again and then I will be able to give him the slip...

"So what do you think?" He pulls me from my thoughts and I am completely lost. "Huh" I look up at him and he chuckles. "Will you start working as from tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure." I say in a monotone. I love my brother but this is crazy. "Great see you this afternoon." he kisses me on the top of my head and gives me a hug. "Hay and remember to invite some people to the party this weekend." He stomps down the hill the moment I set foot on the school grounds.

Ugh the guidance counselor has been giving me the evil eye since day one. "Hay" Angela squeaks in my ear. She's way to hyper for my bitterness today. "Hay, what are you up to?" I say in a humdrum tone. "You sound super-excited." She bites back. "Look I'm just not happy because Nick's been on my back for the last week. I want to talk to mystery band guy but he won't let me." I groan leaning my head against the cold metal of the locker. "Woa hold up who's mystery band guy?" a look of confusion overtakes her face and that's when an idea pops up. "Hay do you want to go out for coffee at lunch?"

"Sure..."

"Are you sure we should do this?" Ange asks me for the millionth time. "Calm down, we're allowed to leave campus for lunch. We are just going across the street.
"Fine but if we get in trouble..."

"We won't" By now we enter the café and its refreshing to step into a place with air-conditioning. It's mid January so it's quite hot this time of year. We sit down at a small table for two and take a look at the menu. "Ange get what ever seems good, 'kay. My treat." She looks up from her menu but doesn't question it.

"Hello, welcome to Jaymore's today's special is the spare rib pie. My name is Luke and I'll be serving you today." he says in a long boring tone never looking up from his notepad. "Uhm two cokes and rib pies" I look at Ange for confirmation and she nods. We've eaten here before, but never the sparerib pies . "Oh hey." he beams down at me with a goofy grin. "I thought I might never see you again."

"I thought so too but, I just can't stay away. My brother on the other hand..."

"He's a bit overprotective. I get I would be too, if you where my little sister." he smiles and his boss calls him and he runs to do what she says. I know Maureen. I almost worked for her and trust me she's a bitch so I don't blame him.

Ange and I spent the time talking about school and the party while Maureen does everything in her power to keep Luke away from us. I'm sure Nick talked to her. "Is that all?" Luke asks when he comes to clean our table. "No." I smile before continuing. "You can give me your number again." he chuckles before writing it down on a piece of paper this time and giving it to me. "Oh and are you busy on Friday night?"

"Yeah sorry, I promised my friend I'd go to a party with him."

"That's a pity. just let me know when you change your mind. " I smile before getting up to pay at Maureen. "So that's mystery band guy?" Ange whispers into my ear as we exit. "Yes" I look left and right before crossing the road like I was taught as a little girl. "He's hot, no wonder your brother doesn't want you near him." She bites her lip smiling like she always does when she's into a guy. "Hay he's mine" I point at her before going to my locker to get my last books for the day.

"So this is what you've been doing all day?" I ask Nick as soon as I finally get the door open, nearly face planting with the laundry, groceries and my school bag

"So this is what you've been doing all day?" I ask Nick as soon as I finally get the door open, nearly face planting with the laundry, groceries and my school bag. "Well here's pizza if you want some." he takes a sip of his beer before looking at me again. "No thanks I already had lunch." I spit putting everything down and going into our little living room to clean up the mess Nick and his friends had made. "Really... Where?" I laugh at his tone of voice as if it's a normal thing. "Jaymore's with Ange." I pic up all the beer bottles and push of James' feet from the coffee table. "No" I scold him and they're blonde friend, Carly, decides to come in from outside. "Oh goody. Mummy's home" she says in her British accent.

"Do you want to tell if me you just went there for the food or for something... someone else?" he spit in a harsh tone while James, Jake and Carly looks at him with amused expressions

"I guess you'll never know Nick." Irritation is so clear in my voice. He knows I don't mind him having friends over but now I have to clean it all up. "I asked you one thing." he starts to raise his voice. "Speaking of asking. Chloe can you please get me another beer from the fridge." James interrupts trying to keep the peace. "Sure James." I turn around and throw away the trash and get his beer. "So somebody has a crush." Carly intervenes before continuing."How about some chips love?"

"How about getting it yourself love." I copy her accent and take a seat. "Love is making you cranky" she says before getting up. "Piss off." I get up and go to my room. I've hated that British bitch since the day I met her. She treats me like i'm her servant.

~~~

Yay! Double updates.

VOTE & COMMENT. ILY