11. Whoa Baby!

A/N

Hey!! I made a "Too Shy To Tell You" song playlist on Spotify! If you'd like to listen to it while you read or anything like that my account name is @alyssakaylaa 😊

-
11.
Whoa Baby!

It's been a week since Brendan has confessed his liking for me and honestly I was completely speechless during every second of that moment.

In just seven days, I didn't expect myself to fall for him so quickly and to know so much things about him in such a short span of time.

I found out that he's lined up for Yale, he strives into becoming a sociologist and that he loves peanut butter. There's more that I've learnt of course, but it's just the simplest things that have caught my attention.

I was currently in the so called position of 'seeing someone'. That being said, Brendan and I act as if we were a couple when in reality we're not. I like the idea of it because it brings suspense to our lives and to everyone around us. They just can't wait for us to become the headline couple of the school.

I know so because at least 45 people have asked us if we were dating.

"Hey babe." Brendan embraces me into a hug.

"Hey." I hug him back, smiling.

He takes my hand and we stroll our way to last period. Even though we've been hanging out a lot lately, I still get butterflies in the pit of my stomach. Almost as if it was so surreal for me to be seen with a guy like him.

He's everything I've ever needed since I moved here from London.

"You have home economics, right?" He asks.

"Yup." I roll my eyes, dreading the thought of being in that class. I hate it with a passion.

"Why the mad face?" He chuckles, clutching my hand a bit tighter.

"We're doing the parent project. You know the one with the mechanical baby doll?"

He nods.

"Yeah, well I hate it." I complain.

"Ah, you're the type of person to hate kids? Like an angry elderly? Is that it?" He laughs. I swat him playfully, pretending to feel hurt by his comment.

"No, I love kids! It's just the fact that we're going to be partnered up for the project and you know how I get when I'm in a group project." I roll my eyes, sighing.

We stop in front of my class, my back pressed against the door frame. His hand pressed on top of the frame, him facing me.

"I know, but just do your best. You'll be fine." He encourages me.

"I hope so..." I say, and he kisses my forehead in response. Making my heart leap rapidly.

I check my phone and there's two minutes left until the bell rings.

"Alright, I better get to class. Have fun!" He teases, as I sigh.

"Bye.." I respond, entering class.