Chapter 4

Giselle bit into the savory sweet taste of the french toast Becky made for her. It was superb! The sweet brown sugar and cinnamon really did do wonders. Giselle poured a little more maple syurp onto the frech toast and took another bit. Before she knew it, Giselle digging in, forgetting to thank her chef.

"I take it, its's good?" Becky asked smiling

Giselle smiled back, "So good, thank you."

"You put the same face Mr. Baez puts when he eats my glorious cooking." she said in amazement

Giselle felt a little uncomfortable with that. Becky cleared her throat, realizing her mistake and move away from Giselle. Giselle was sitting on the high chair, eating at the counter, while Becky stood on the other side of the counter cleaning up.

"You cook for him?" Giselle asked raising and eye brow

"I basically do almost anything and everything he asks me to do."

"I think I would like a personal assistant." smiled Giselle teasingly

Becky chuckled. There was a small, yet comfortable silence between them. When Giselle was finished eating, Becky instinctively went to take her plate to wash it. Giselle moved the plate out of her reach.

"Its okay," she reassured her "I got it."

Giselle and Becky switched places. Giselle took her plate, fork and cup and beganing washing her dishes. Becky sat on the high chair facing the sink and typed on her phone. After Giselle was done she dried her hands and leaned on the sink. Becky looked up from her phone.

"Okay," she said "I looked up a few good schools in the area. Do you want to ultimately pick which school you want to go to?" she asked

Giselle confirmed to her that she would. Becky told her about the three schools she found and what they had to offer. The first was Renald High, it wasn't too far away and it was a good school. They did a lot of fundraisers for the community and they had a lot of sports. The next was Cove High. It was far but it was a great school. They had a class where they'd take you to the beach and teach you about ocean life and how to keep the beach clean. Other than that, Giselle thought it sounded like a preppy, rich school. The last was Summerston High. It was also a pretty good school. They had a variety of electives to choose from and the school was wasn't too far either. Giselle thought about her options for a moment.

"Let's cross out Cove High," she said "Its farther from the other two."

"That's what I was thinking." Becky agreed and typed something on her phone

"Both Renald High and Summerston High sound really good." Giselle thought out loud "I'm not sure which is best for me, yet."

"Well, you still have time to decide. No pressure." Becky smiled

Giselle smiled back feeling comfortable in this new home for the first time. Becky was easier to talk to than Chris was. Every time Chris was around Giselle, she found herself freezing up and unsure of what to say. Maybe she just needed more time to warm up. Maybe it was because she still hadn't forgiven him.

"School supplies." Becky said looking at her phone "I'm unfortunately not free this entire week. I'll see if Mr. Baez can take you to the store for supplies."

Giselle's eye broes came together. Wasn't it Becky's job to handle this kind of stuff? She suddenly not free to pick up pencils and notebooks? Did Becky have a purpose for putting Chris to take Giselle? Giselle wasn't sure she wanted to go shop with him. She wasn't sure she wanted to go anywhere with him!

"Can't we go now?" Giselle asked nervously

"Unfortunately, we don't have that kind of time on our hands. It's already 11 and you have a lunch to be ready for by 1."