Chapter 6

AUTHOR'S NOTE: RETURN FROM HIATUS

Yes, I have returned from my hiatus. As I'm sure many of you know, juggling school life while trying to update chapters that are actually worth reading is very difficult during the school year. (especially at a high end school like mine) I will try and post as soon as I can now. I plan to finish this story by the end of the summer. Yes, I already have a legit ending planned out and have connected some dots. This story will not be endless (like many others) Please comment telling me what you think! And don't forget to vote! (if you like it at least)

************************************************************************

        After a very long and eventful day, Chris had finally made it back to his safe haven. Unfortunately, the moment he walked into his house he heard the T.V. from the living room and was reminded that his safe haven was being shared with another. Chris tensed as he recalled the day's prior events involving Giselle. The lunch was uncomfortable, his work domain was being invaded, and his father had added to the weight with his criticism. Not to mention the load of paperwork he had to deal with. Geez, if it got any worse from here Chris would have to start getting treatment for wrinkles!

        It was half past nine and all Chris wanted to do was soak in a hot bath without and disruptions. He pulled on his suit case strap as he was about to pass by Giselle on the couch. He paused for a moment and stared at her. Should he say something? She kept her face toward to T.V., obviously more interested in that rather than what he would have to say. Chris didn't realize he had frozen in place staring at the back of her head for a moment, but then he collected himself and continued to his bedroom upstairs.

        Oh geez Chris, you act like she was gonna bite you. Chris changed into his grey sweat pants and a blue shirt. My goodness was he hungry. He could feel his stomach give up on him and begin to eat itself. He went back down stairs to prepare his dinner and this time hurried past Giselle. He pulled out ingredients for a protein shake from the freezer and was about to pull out the blender from a cabinet when Giselle came into the kitchen. They both looked at each other for a moment awkwardly and then Giselle walked past him and to the fridge.

        Chris tried not to look so fazed and continued to make his dinner. He could hear Giselle rummage through the fridge and then the freezer. Chris had wrapped up left over pizza and placed it in the freezer. If Giselle was hungry she could eat that. Chris blended his contents and leaned against the counter, still facing away from Giselle. When he turned the blender off he barely heard Giselle ask:

        "How do you work the oven?"

        Her voice was soft and timid. Chris wondered for a moment if Giselle had actually spoke.

        Chris turned away from the blender and without speaking he pressed the appropriate buttons to turn the oven on. His hand almost touched Giselle. He hopes she wouldn't ask how to use the oven again. Giselle mumbled a thanks and Chris grimaced a "sure".

        Chris was drinking his shake when he noticed Giselle staring at him looking slightly disgusted. He raised an eyebrow at her.

        "What?" He inquired

        "It's green..." She was staring at his drink

        "What, this?" Chris couldn't help but let his lips curl into a slight smile "Yeah, it 'cause I put this in it." He held up kale that he didn't use for his drink.

        Giselle squeezed her lips together into a sour expression. Was she trying not to smile? Chris thought about offering her some of the drink to taste but neglected it. He had only made enough for himself and he doubted she would even want to try it.