Chapter 7

There was a doe and her fawn. The fawn followed her doe wherever she went and loved her. The doe looked after her fawn and loved him. But there was a terrible accident and the fawn was left alone. The fawn looked around frantically for his doe but he couldn't find her. He called out to her in a panic.

"Mother? Mother!" There was never a response

Giselle was standing on a boulder in the forest and she looked below at the frightened fawn. She wanted to call out to him but she couldn't. She watched as the fawn looked around and called out.

"Mother! Mother?!"

Giselle awoke with the last syllables of mother on her tongue. Rubbing her eyes she sat up and stretched. She could feel her hair stand up around her head. What time is it? Giselle looked groggily at the door as Someone from the other side knocked.

"Giselle, are you awake?"

It was Becky.

"Yes," My goodness Giselle sounded like a flat tire

"Someone's on the phone for you. Can I come in?"

"Yes,"

Then Giselle's eyes shot open and she jumped out of bed like she was given a high dose of adrenaline. Her room was trashed. She can't let Becky see.

She hurried to the door as Becky opened with her phone by her ear. Giselle jumped right in front of her blocking the view of her room. Becky stared at her surprised and lowered her phone from her ear.

"It's your grandma,"

Giselle was trying not to pant as she accepted the phone.

"Hello?"

"Oh sweetie you sound tired! Did I wake you?" Mrs. Baez voice sounded energetic as usual

"It's fine,"

"Well listen, I was thinking we can go shopping together today!"

"T-Today?"

"Yeah, it will be fun! We can get school supplies, cause you know school is coming sooner than you think! And we can even get you a couple of cute outfits! No granddaughter of mine is starting high school without a new wardrobe to show off!"

"Uh, that's fine. When do you want to-"

"Great! I'm already on my way!"

"Y-you are?"

"Actually I'm around the corner,"

"A-around the corner?!"

"Yeah, I'm pulling into the neighborhood right now."

"What?!"

Giselle frantically ran to her drawers and yanked out clothes to wear, jumping over a suitcase in the process.

"Giselle your room..."

Giselle looked up and saw Becky walk in, taking in her tornado victimized room in shock. Giselle tried not to bite her cheek as her heart pounded.

"I'm sorry Becky," she panted

"What?" Said the anxious voice in the phone

Giselle brought the phone back to her ear.

"What?" She exclaimed

"I said 'Don't worry about money honey, I got it!' And I'm coming out my car."

"Oh my gosh!" Giselle ran to the bathroom in a frenzy

"I know I'm excited too!"

Giselle held the phone in between her cheek and her shoulder as she presses them together. She got out her toothbrush and toothpaste while half listening to Mrs. Baez ramble on. In her frenzy, she squeezed the toothpaste and a handful came out onto the toothbrush and on her hand.