Chapter 8

Okay, let the editing process begin. Chris clicked the screen a couple times. Why is there an k in recipical? Delete, delete. No, there is no q in team. Delete. What is this?

RING

Chris looked at the caller I.D. before answering.

"What?"

"I was just calling to let you know that your mother took Giselle out shopping." said Becky on the other line

"What?" he twitched in his seat

"Your mother took Giselle shopping this morning but, dont worry. She said she would bring her back this afternoon and you know your mother will feed her."

Chris scoffed "I not worried, I was just surprised."

"Surprised that your mother wants to spend time with her only granddaughter?"

"Surprised that she didn't call me before she picked her up. I thought she was going to take her out this weekend." Chris typed on his computer. "I was hoping she would take her this weekend."

"You shouldn't go out on the weekends anymore now that you have Giselle." Becky advised

Chris sighed boredly.

"I'm serious...I can't imagine what she must be going through."

Chris rubbed his temples feeling the beginnings of a headache. "Becky, just..."

"I-I'm sorry." Becky cleared her throat "But it's the truth."

"Is that all Becky?"

There was a pause and Chris was certain that Becky was struggling.

"Yes sir."

Chris hung up the phone and tossed it across his desk. Geez, this was so aggravating! If someone got on his case about Giselle one more time, he was going to explode. He had a ton of work he had to take care of before the November business trip. He had taken over two more projects and he still had to finish the advertisement proposal that he received praises for yesterday. Honestly, this whole Giselle thing came at a bad time. He had until the business trip to prove to his father that he could handle his position and his father would actually be watching this time.

Of course then there was Alek. Their father just had to offer him a job at Baez Inc. And Alek just had to accept it. What happened to the Alek that made it clear years ago that he wanted nothing to do with the company? Alek was the most complicated and agitating person Chris had ever known.

"Hey," said a voice above Chris

Chris looked up from rubbing his temples at Michael Young who had a worried expression plastered on his face.

"You alright?" He asked

Chris massages the meat in between his eyes and groaned. "Yup, all good here,"

"Is it all the work you've taken up? You know I could give you a hand if you wanted-"

"No," Chris straightened himself up in his seat "That's alright. I'm almost done with this one anyway."

"If you say so," Michael leaned against the edge of Chris's desk "Well anyway, I came over to ask if you were going to Victoria's birthday party."

"Who's Victoria?" Chris asked

Michael scoffed and looked around like he expected for the whole office to laugh. Then he realized Chris was serious.

"Are you serious? She's says hi to you everyday."