Chapter 7

- 21 weeks (August 6th) - outfit above

I grip harder onto my hairbrush. The knots in my hair still tugging to get out. I run the brush thru my hair with little force. I being impatient and all decide to yank at one large knot at the back of my head. With the amount of force I choose, I attempt to get the knot out.

I hear a loud wood breaking snap and find the handle of my brush broken off. My expression was one of anger as I put the hairbrush down and pulled it into a bun. I always do this when I am too frustrated to deal with my hair.

"Tess? What's wrong?" My sister comes in with a small present. "Just my hair." I sigh trying to get over the fact I keep breaking things that I own. "What's that?" I ask as I walk away from the mirror that hangs above my dresser.

"It's for you! Well, actually for the little one inside you." With a confusion written over my face I take the box when she hands it to me.

"What is it?" I ask patiently.

"Open it!" I open it slowly. I don't save wrapping paper but I didn't know if I should be careful with the object I am holding. As I take away the wrapping paper and open the shoe box, I see two stuffed animals. One is a lion and the other a zebra.

"Awww, thanks Lily!" She blushes as she leaves. She stops at the door.

"There is a big box downstairs for you."  Nothing else to say, she leaves. I put the stuffed animals back in the box and place the box on the bed. I walk downstairs after getting dressed.

The box lily was referring too was the box I saw yesterday. Now that it is inside I open it with a knife I got from the kitchen.

I open it quickly and look inside it. I find parts to build two cribs. "Mom!" My mother walks in with some waffles. I eye the food until my mother hands it to me. "Thanks!" She nods. "Do you know who sent this?"

She shakes her head no. "I didn't see a name on the box. Maybe it's from Josh." I don't think Josh would do this but maybe he did. I waddle back upstairs to my room to grab my cell.

I send a quick text to Josh asking if he sent the cribs.

Me: Did you send the cribs?

Josh: I don't remember sending you anything. Why? Did you get a crib?

Me:yeah. Two actually. But I don't know who sent it since you and my family are the only other people who know I'm having twins.

Josh: strange. I'll talk to you later... And I'm really sorry for cheating!

Me: I have forgiven you and at the moment I will let you see the twins but I don't think it will ever work between us again.

Josh: I understand.

The conversation was a short five minute one. I take it with me as I walk downstairs again. I see Nathan playing with a few of the pieces. I take them away from him, not wanting him to get hurt.

I grab my waffles which I left next to the box. I walk to the fridge and grab a can of whip cream. I take the lid off and put a bunch on my food then I put some in my mouth. I grab a fork and start eating the delicious food in front of me.

I glance at the clock from the oven as I take another bite. 10:23. I stand up and put my empty plate in the sink after rinsing it.

I look up when my mom enters the room crying. "Mom?! What's wrong?!" I ask scared for all the reason why she'd be crying. She sits down at the table and put her head in her hands as she continues to cry.