2.

I wasn't some bad girl that purposely hung out in the bad crowd. I didn't wear dark clothes with dark eyeliner and kept my hair draped over my face. I didn't wear a bunch of wristbands and moaned about how much I hated life. No. I didn't smoke cigarettes, no- that I could never do.

I had light brown hair that I kept held back from my face, because I knew I never wanted people to be suspicious of my ways- what I really did behind closed doors. I wore skinny jeans, I wore fashionable shirts. I smiled a lot, I was outgoing and a natural charmer.

Our school didn't have cliques. It didn't have a who's cool and who's not- well if it did, I never would've noticed, much less cared.

Apart of me enjoyed being around people and feeling their energy, and the other half completely loathed it all together. I felt as though sometimes I naturally empathized with people, so when they told me their problems, I felt it. But I hated listening to people talk.

I had a loving family: my parents' were still together unlike almost everyone in my graduating class besides, Kelsey, a boy named Rick, Maggie, and Berlyn. I had a younger sister named Natalie, and two older brothers, Kevin and James.

I wasn't necessarily born with a silver spoon in my mouth, more like a silver spork or something. We had money but we weren't loaded, unlike almost everyone in this materialistic town. A small town in North Carolina.

I had a decent 3.1 GPA and was thoroughly involved in school activities, I was on the track team and sometimes joined in with volunteering helping the girls swim team. Mostly to enjoy watching them get drenched in water and see their swimsuits stick to their bodies.

I met Kelsey in 9th grade during orientation and although we didn't have anything in common at first, once I met her in a shady apartment complex, snorting coke on this girl name Lindsay's, tits.

That was a fun day.

If I could count how many people in the school I got high with, I would be richer than Kelsey.

I kept this in mind as I walked down the halls of my high school, on a fresh high after doing a few lines before driving here. Kelsey was nowhere to be seen, even though I wasn't necessarily looking for her.

Lindsay surprisingly approached me this morning, on account of the last time we spoke, I had puked all over her dog by accident at wild party last month. She insisted it was on purpose.

"You coming to party tonight?" She asked me, her eyes searching mine for an answer and I frowned. I didn't like people looking at me in the eyes. Pay attention to something else.

"What party?" I asked. Apart of me was insulted that I hadn't heard about the party earlier, because that's what I was known for. Being the life of the party.

"Some senior is throwing one down Brock Lane. I was wondering if you could bring some stuff." She stretched out the last word and apart of me wanted to slap her for being so obvious. She didn't know the lingo.

"For a price." I replied dryly, my eyes searching for Kelsey.

"I didn't know you dealt." Lindsay blinked back at me and I smiled grimly. "I don't, but if a senior's throwing a party, that means a lot of people are going to show up. I'm not spending my hard earned money on low lives looking for a thrill." I responded sharply.

It was mostly a lie though. Kelsey would fuck whoever she needed to fuck in order to get the drugs. I never had hard earned money because I didn't have a job. And I was a low life looking for a thrill. But I wasn't on a guilty self pity trip. I didn't feel bad for myself. I could be worse.

"How much?" Lindsay said after a while with a sigh and I tapped my chin as if I were calculating a number, but I already knew.

"$350." I finally said, knowing that was nothing but chump change for my wealthier peers.

"Got it," She turned on her heel and left just as the bell ring and I exhaled annoyingly.

I guess Kelsey slept in.

Kelsey wasn't the only person I stayed around. I had other friends too. Perry, Suri, and Jax. I didn't know Jax's real name. So that's all we called her.

"Do teenagers really drink coffee or is that just something you see on TV?" Perry asked, turning her nose up at her Starbucks coffee.

"And Dunkin Donuts is better anyways." Jax chimed in, I couldn't help but stare at her septum ring. She looked like a bull.

"There's a party." I interrupted, quickly mentally reviewing all of the drugs I'd have to purchase before tonight and desperately needed Kelsey in order to pull it off. "I heard and am pissed I can't make it." Suri frowned, her bushy eyebrows forming in. Her parent's were extremely protective and didn't even let her go to sleepovers. But I liked that Suri was the more chill one out of all of us. She was the center of serenity in our chaos. That was needed.

Not everyone in our school's doing hard drugs though. Mostly everyone does is drink and smoke weed. Which isn't bad compared to what the rest of us were doing.

"We can FaceTime you from the bathroom stall." I offered, feigning a sarcastic tone but in reality, I was serious. Perry and Jax have done blow and speed a few times, but didn't really like the feeling that came with it at first, so they stayed with MDMA and Xanax. But I knew they were up for doing some with me tonight.

"No, it only makes me feel worse. Take a shot for me at least." The fact that Suri didn't even skip a beat with her reply, as if she knew that would truly happen at the end of the day puzzled me.

I was only joking as far as she knew.

"Is Kels going to come?" Perry asked and I turned up my nose similar to how she did with her coffee. "Don't call her that." I stated briefly before adding, "Probably, she's probably coming down and knocked out right now." I replied in disgust. That was something she had failed to learn: always get back up before you come down.

Although sometimes it was inevitable, but she was her own supplier- but maybe she wanted to come back down just for an excuse to get back up.

"My grade dropped in Chemistry and honestly, I don't know if I can bring it back up before the end of the quarter." Suri changed the subject quickly, I knew the talk of drugs made her uncomfortable.

Which made me uncomfortable.

My three friends began to converse, giving each other ideas on how to bring up their failing grades but I never had that problem.

Soon, I saw a bouncing black ponytail and bright eyes coming through the lunchroom doors. Kelsey trotted over towards our table and slid in, her pupils dilated and a wide grin spread across her face. "Suri, I just might have gotten you out of your plans for the night." She immediately said and I frowned, "How'd you know she had plans?" I asked suspiciously.

"I heard about the party before the party was even planned." Kelsey made no sense and I had to roll my eyes dramatically to keep from commenting. "How?" Suri asked, and I heard the hesitation in her voice.

"I saw your mom at the post office and told her about the Chemistry project and told her that you needed to come over my house to do it. She believed me and you're officially off the hook." Kelsey waited for her praise of approval, that gave her a bigger high than any drug could ever.

"I really do need to take care of this Chemistry project though. My grades." Suri complained and I knew she didn't want to come but was afraid to tell us.

"You can worry about that tomorrow. Tonight, we party like champions!" Kelsey lifted her fist in the air and changed the tone in her voice to sound more masculine.

"Speaking of which. We need to do a quick pick up." I pitched in, making eye contact with Kelsey, her I didn't mind. Her eye contact wasn't menacing.

"That means I have to drop off." Kelsey muttered, I couldn't tell if she was excited or was completely dreading it. Either way, I was ready for an excuse to party and get high. As long as Suri didn't ruin my night.