5. Drop Eggs

Thank you to HavenGraceThompson for the character banner!

#Mick

#Laisie (can this please be shortened to #Lazy?)

#Kaisie

#Mandrew

5. Drop Eggs

Keith and Andrew's first born child was brutally murdered two hours later

Andrew was in mourning, staring at his massacred baby with unshed tears in his eyes as Keith crossed his arms and looked at Andrew as if he was an annoying bug he wanted to squish. Nick was rocking his own child back and forth as if suddenly worried about it spontaneously dying in his arms while Logan burst out laughing.

Maisie looked at the scene in front of her and sighed. Charity walked over and looked down at the burst bag of flour.

"To be honest they lasted longer than I thought," she said and Maisie clenched her eyes shut.

Maisie walked out of the kitchen to see Ben, the cop, sitting at a table eating a piece of chocolate cake that he definitely had not paid for. She headed over and held her hand out towards him.

"Two-fifty," she said. "Actually no, make that three-fifty because you went behind the counter and took the slice yourself when you're not allowed to."

Ben opened his mouth before closing it slowly. "Come on Maisie," he complained.

"No," she shook her head. "Money, now."

Ben rolled his eyes and shoved three crumpled up one dollar bills into her hand before dropping an array of change on top of it. "Keep the change," he grumbled and Maisie smiled tightly.

As she was putting the money away, Logan came stumbling out the kitchen doors with Andrew hooked under his arm. Both laughing - like idiots. Andrew slammed his hand down on the counter. "I need a beer."

"This is a bakery Andrew, we don't serve beer," Maisie said.

"But I'm in mourning," he whined.

"You're doing community service so you can't slack off," Maisie raised an eyebrow.

"Why do we even have to do community service?" Andrew grumbled.

"Because you broke the law and that's the legal system's answer." Ben said out of nowhere.

"Fuck the legal system!" Logan yelled then burst out laughing. "Come on, Mais, we're hungry."

Maisie shook her head and gave him a fake smile. "You already took your break, remember?"

Logan narrowed his eyes and Maisie walked past him, heading back into the kitchen with the sounds of Andrew complaining in German following her out. Inside Nick was glancing continuously at his bag of flour as he rolled out dough and the paranoia he had for it suddenly dying was blatantly obvious. On the other side of the kitchen was Charity who was teaching Keith how to make flowers out of fondant. Maisie looked at them suspiciously...they were close...too close.