12. Make A Mess

12. Make A Mess

Maisie could safely say that the day was going by with barely any faults

That was until Logan walked in three hours late with a child wriggling under his arm.

Maisie slowly gave the customer their change and with a quick smile, scattered out of there and went over to the older blonde man who was struggling with the kid. Maisie's eyes widened in horror when Logan nearly dropped the kid on his head and the child retaliated by punching Logan in the crotch.

"Little shit!" Logan squeaked out and fell down to the floor as the boy scrambled away and stuck his tongue out.

"Logan," Maisie hissed. "Don't swear in front of the kid."

Logan gave her an exasperated look. "He just punched me in the balls."

"Doesn't mean you have to swear, he's just a kid. He'll end up saying those words to his parents," Maisie reasoned.

"He already does," Logan scoffed. "Takes after his brother."

"Who's-" Maisie was cut off unexpectedly by Nick bursting through the door, his entire body covered in flour. He opened his mouth, ready to rant off about baking with Andrew being a useless lump who only eats everything but stopped short when he saw the boy.

"What the fuck is this brat doing here?" Nick nearly screeched.

"Nick!" Maisie scolded.

"I don't want him near me when I'm baking. Put him in the cupboard or something just get the retched thing away from me. Screw that, put him in a room with camera surveillance and make sure someone watches his twenty four-seven. It only takes five seconds for that little beast to ruin a life."

Maisie's mouth dropped open in shock until she looked at the little boy, ready to hug him and say that Nick didn't mean it but did a total double take when she saw him smirking. The little blonde looked up at Maisie and the smirk turned into a smile. She couldn't help but feel disturbed.

"Logan, who is he?" Maisie asked.

"My demon brother," Logan grumbled. "All three feet and four inches of him was created by Satan himself."

"I'm four and a half feet tall," the kid grumbled.

"Sure you are," Logan said. "His babysitter couldn't make it today so I was forced to bring him. If he has a piece of cake then he'll just sit in the corner on his phone for hours, won't bother anyone."

"How old is he?" Maisie asked, glancing at the kid who took a step towards Nick who stumbled back.

"Six, eight or something," Logan supplied. "Juno will be fine, promise."

"Just keep him away from me," Nick sighed and pulled at his collar.

"Just keep him away from me," the kid, Juno, mimicked.