23. Make Frosting

23. Make Frosting

Maisie, Charity and the four boys sat in the destroyed bakery with Tony stood behind the counter, making a list of everything that was ruined for the insurance company

Maisie, Charity and the four boys sat in the destroyed bakery with Tony stood behind the counter, making a list of everything that was ruined for the insurance company. The glass had been cleared away and the ruined cakes had been cleaned off the floor and walls.

"Alright well the display cabinet, storage cupboards and lights can been covered by the insurance company. Stuff like the walls won't, we'll have to find some money to eventually get walls done, some tiles are shattered so we'll have to fix the floor. City council should give us the money back for it if we give them the receipt but we have to pay for it first."

Eventually, Maisie thought bitterly. This won't be happening anything soon.

"How much?" Maisie asked.

Tony sighed. "Right now it's looking at about seven hundred to a thousand dollars."

Maisie sucked in a breath and looked down at the table. "And we can get the money back after?"

"It was a robbery so if you give me the receipts for everything, it should be payed for," Tony said.

"But I need the money straight up," Maisie said and Tony nodded. "Money I don't have. I'm lucky if I have five hundred I can use for this."

Tony rubbed the back of his neck. "Don't worry about it kid," he said and walked over, rubbing Maisie's shoulder, "I'll find the money for you. Just need time."

The door to the bakery opened and everyone looked over to see Tom hesitantly step inside, quickly taking in the appearance of the room.

"Sorry," he said. "I heard about the robbery and just wanted to check that you guys were okay."

Maisie smiled a little, squeezing Tony's hand. "We're all fine, no one was here when it happened."

Tom nodded and his face crumpled as he looked back around the room before his eyes landed on Andrew and he headed over, sliding into the seat beside him. Andrew looked down as Tom's hand patted his knee. The brunet glanced up at his boyfriend and smiled lightly.

"You okay?" Tom asked as everyone else ignored them and talked among themselves.

"I'm fine," Andrew said. "It's Maisie that was shook up."

"This place is going to take ages to fix," Tom winced.

"I know," Andrew sighed. "And as usual, the only problem is money."