27. Decorate

27. Decorate

"You feeling better?" Nick asked as he walked out of his bedroom, looking over at Logan who sat on the couch, sketchbook in hand

"A bit," Logan said, eyes not leaving the page.

"At least you're drawing again," Nick commented, making coffee. "Haven't see you draw in ages."

"I draw when I'm depressed."

Nick sighed. "You know it would take five seconds to make everything better."

"Maisie's stubborn," Logan said.

"And so are you," Nick pointed out.

"It's been five days, she's not gonna come round anytime soon."

The door to their apartment opened and Keith came in, his nose wrinkling immediately. His eyes zeroed in on Logan and he rolled his eyes.

"Damn, you're a mood killer," Keith said and Logan gave him the finger.

"You're supposed to be supportive. I'm going through a break up."

"You're going through a hiatus because your dumb ass ended up passing out in front of your girlfriend, nearly dying and then going to hospital," Keith said. "You're lucky we're still around."

Logan dropped his sketchbook down on the coffee table and stood up, stealing Nick's coffee from his hands and knocking the mug back.

"Excuse me!" Nick helped.

"What am I supposed to do?" Logan asked Keith. "I get it, I fucked up. But she's hardly going to listen to me if I show up at her door."

"Don't worry," Keith smiled mischievously. "I've already got a plan."

"Great," Nick deadpanned.

"All you have to do is get through to her. Love something that she loves. And what does Maisie love above everything else?" Keith asked.

Logan sighed. "The fucking bakery."

***

Maisie and Ocean walked down the street towards the grocery store, content with the silence between them. Ocean glanced over Maisie and rubbed the back of his neck.

"You've been quiet lately," Ocean said.

Maisie smiled softly. "Sorry. I'm not being the happiest person to be around, am I?"

"I mean not really," Ocean laughed. "But it's understandable. I haven't been in the highest moods lately either."

Maisie knocked her arm against Ocean and he smiled.

"We'll both be depressing together," Maisie promised as they walked into the store, immediately heading to the candy aisle.