Prologue

Note: this book will make you hungry.

Banner by VellichorWriter! Thank you <3

____________

You can now read my books such as BULLETPROOF on the interactive chat gaming app Lure, link is in my bio!

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Prologue

"Congratulations idiots

"Congratulations idiots. You got caught."

Sheriff Small grinned through the tooth pick dangling between his gleaming white teeth. Nick Holden stood in front of him and nearly fell backwards from how blinding his smile was. He blinked and his face turned into a grimace as Small spat the tooth pick out by Nick's feet. Small crossed his arms over his chest and stood in front of the four boys who were currently cuffed at the wrists.

"Is this really necessary?" one of the boys, Keith, asked. He lifted his cuffed hands into the air and tried to ignore the drop of sweat making its way down his forehead from the blazing sun above.

"All criminals pose as a threat to the citizens of this great country and the system," Small recited.

"They teach you that in good cops school?" Nick asked.

"Yes," Small hissed at him. "Yes, they do. You've committed a crime, criminal. And you're gonna pay."

"Oh come on," Andrew, the third of the four boys groaned, his dark hair plastered to his forehead. He was born in Germany but hadn't actually lived there since he was three, though that didn't stop him from forcing on a strong accent that hardly anyone could understand. "It was hardly a crime!"

"Vandalism is a very serious offence to the state. I don't know if the rules are different in your home country but you abide by American law now kid." Small sneered.

"It wasn't vandalism," Logan, the fourth boy, drawled. "It was an act of protest. And if I remember correctly, this country has freedom of fucking speech."

"Drawing a penis on the front doors of Town Hall is an act of protest?" Small asked incredulously.

Logan shrugged, his blonde hair disappearing under the rays of sunlight. "Artistic interpretation."

"And you also committed theft. A very serious offence," Small glared at them all through his dark shades.

"Is it really an offence if we're stealing condoms?" Nick said. "I mean aren't we helping the world? One less pregnant teen on the streets. You should be thanking us, Small."

"Wait," Keith laughed, his black tattoos that sat along dark skin began to peek out from beneath his shirt as he moved his arms. "Your name is small?"