7. Get Baking Powder

Bud's Bakers were real assholes

It wasn't just the fact that their entire work force was all male apart from one female who was honestly growing some manly tendencies, but it was the man of the hour himself. Bud Barker jr. of Bud's Bakers and yes, Maisie still struggled to get the title out in one go.

"I want him terminated," Maisie said as she stood beside the window of her bakery, one finger pulling down a slate of the blind and her eye peeking out.

Bud was walking down the street with a posse of two others holding a tray of small brownies for people to try. His bakery was at the very end of the street then round the corner a bit but the bastard was persistent in pissing Maisie off.

"I mean he didn't have to come all the way here," Maisie continued. "He could have gone down the other street but no, he wants to take my customers with his free bite-size brownies. Come to Bud Barker jr's Bud's Bakers and have some bite-size Bud Barker brownies. See? Too many b's."

Maisie turned her head to see that everyone had left the room apart from Logan who stood beside her on the other end of the window with his arms crossed over his chest. "You okay?"

"Yes," Maisie snapped.

He raised an eyebrow.

"No," Maisie snapped again. "It's Bud's fault."

"Who the fuck is Bud?" Logan asked.

Maisie pointed a finger towards where Bud was talking to a poor, innocent old lady on the street. His overly gelled dark hair made her want to puke and his overly toothy smile would make a money-hungry dentist cry of happiness.

"What's wrong with him? I mean apart from the hair and the fake tan and the shoes," Logan said.

"What's wrong with his shoes?" Maisie frowned.

"They're too white."

Maisie rolled her eyes and huffed. "He's the competition. He takes most my customers and has half my employees because apparently he went to a culinary school and Gordon Ramsey praised him like come on, no one would willingly praise that son of a bitch."

Logan just nodded silently as Maisie fumed. He looked back at the man named Bud and couldn't see how the guy was a baker. He looked more like he was going to grease up his moustache and sell you a car that was about to spontaneously combust.

"Well just find out what he does that gets customers in," Logan said. "There's got to be something if he's getting the money and you aren't."