Chapter 10

Killian's POV

I wrapped my arm around her waist, careful not to hurt her and pulled her closer to me. She closed her eyes and started to drift off to sleep. She looks so beautiful. I leaned my head forward and kissed her on the forehead and she subconsciously smiled.

Her breathing evened out so I knew she fell asleep. I looked at the bruise on her jaw and brushed my fingers against it gingerly, hoping she would wake up again. She needs the rest.

I want to kill the guy that did this to her. Who would ever want to hurt her? She is beautiful, kind, talented, adorable and so much more. I know she doesn't think I truly care about her, but I really do.

I can't explain how much I like Emma Swan. When we touch, I feel sparks. I feel electricity. I love it. I just wish I could hold onto her and protect her for the rest of my life.

I felt her snuggle closer to my chest in her sleep. I started to rub circles on her back when I soon started to fall to sleep.

•••

I woke up a little while later and Emma was still snuggled to my chest, asleep. I carefully reached to the little table that was next to the couch and grabbed my phone, trying not to wake Emma up. I checked the time. It's only been about an hour since we've gotten to her house so everyone at school would probably be in fourth hour now.

I stood up slowly and grabbed the ice pack that was now just cold water. I went to the kitchen and put the ice pack back into the freezer so it could become ice again.

Since I had nothing else to do but watch over Emma, I decided that j would work on some homework. My backpack was in my car so I walked out to my black truck that was in the driveway to get it. When I walked back inside I closed the door quietly and walked over to the table in the kitchen and set my backpack down. When I did I heard Emma moving around on the couch and groan.

I looked into the living room to see that Emma was now awake.

"Morning, sleepy head." I said and chuckled.

Emma looked over at me sleepily and smiled. "Hi." She said and she started to stretch but stopped. "Oh, ow. That hurts." She said and chuckled.

"Oh! Sorry, I'll get you a new ice pack." I said and quickly ran over to the freezer to get a new ice pack for her and and walked over to her and handed it to her. "Here you go, love. Now, you should lay back down and rest."

"Nah, I've had enough rest." She said and started to stand up. Damn, why is she so stubborn?

I rolled my eyes and we walked into the kitchen together while she held the ice pack against her jaw.

"Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?" I asked her.

"Killian, I'm fine." she said and put her hand on my arm. Here we go again, the sparks. I think she noticed it too because she quickly pulled her hand away.

"Alright, love. I just want to make sure you're alright.

She set the ice pack on the table and leaned her back against the counter. I walked in front of her and wrapped my arms around her.

"You want to talk about that kiss?" I said and smirked while raising one eyebrow.

She put her hands on my chest and gently pushed me off of her and I stepped back. "Killian, we can't do this. I'm dating Graham." She said sadly and looked down while biting her lip.