Chapter 31

It's been a week since the whole Neal thing. I haven't returned to school. I'm too afraid that he could be there since my father hasn't caught him yet. Killian told me he'd stay with me the entire time at school, and it's not like I doubt him. I know he would stay with me to protect me against Neal if he showed up, but I'm still to scared.

A few days ago I did try to go to school. It only last until second period when I started panicking so I made Killian take me home.

I can't thank Killian enough for what he's done for me. He's been by my side ever since I escaped. He has picked up my homework for me so I could stay on top of my school work. He also taught me everything we learned in class because otherwise, I'd probably have no clue what to do.

"You alright, Emma?" I heard my fathers concerned voice say.

My eyes snapped up. "Oh, ya. I just spaced out a little, I guess," I said and then continued to eat the scrambled eggs that were in front of me. "Are you going out to look for him again?" I asked, knowing that my dad would know who j was talking about.

I watched as he walked over to my side of the table. He gave me a kiss on top of my head. "I won't stop looking until he's found," he said, smiling at me.

I smiled back before jumping up to give him a hug. "Stay safe, dad,"

My dad placed his hand on the back of my head to pull me closer to him. "I will," he said before letting me go.

I continued to eat and I listened to the front door open and then close, indicating my dad left the house. I heard the door lock behind him and I flinched. The locking sound just reminds me of when I would hear the door to the barn unlock, meaning Neal was coming in to probably hurt me.

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to forget about it. I can't let the smallest of things scare me. Ever since I've gotten home, I've been incredibly jumpy even at the smallest of things.

Once I was done eating, I cleaned my plate and laid down on the couch in the living room.

So, you may be wondering if I had to go to the hospital to get stitches or not. Well, the answer to that is yes. The cuts became too infected for me not to tell me parents. The hospital had to clean the wounds and stitch them up.

I was scared that the hospital would ask me too many questions. I didn't want to have to answer them because I knew it'd just bring back awful memories. Thankfully, when they began asking me questions about what happened, my dad made them go out of the room, away from me and he told them so I didn't have to.

Killian obviously came with me to the hospital. He has gone everywhere with me. He missed a few days of school so he could stay with me and make sure I was ok, but I practically forced him to just go to school today. Although, he still stopped by my house to check on me this morning which I thought was sweet.

I smiled when I remembered this morning. Killian kept asking me if I was 'sure that I'll be ok on my own.' I kept on telling him that I was fine but he kept making sure.

After a while of just thinking about how adorable Killian is, my eyes started to become heavy and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

•••

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell. Confused, I looked over to the clock on the wall to see that it was 4:00 pm. Did I seriously nap for that long?!

Getting up, I walked over to the door and answered it to see Killian stranding there with his hand behind his back. I raised my eyebrow in a way to ask what he had behind the his back when he pulled out a beautiful red rose.

"It's so pretty, Killian! Thank you," I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He hugged me back and then when we pulled apart, I took the rose from him. Killian followed me inside the house.

I went into the kitchen and set the rose on the table. When I turned around, I saw Killian standing right there in front of me. I felt him out his hands on my hips and I smiled.

"So, did you have a good day, love?" Killian asked me.

I laughed a little. "I-uh, actually spent the entire day sleeping,"

Killian laughed. "You dork," he smiled before leaning in to give me a kiss on he cheek. "Anyways, you wanna go for a drive?" Killian asked.

"Sure.." I said, reluctantly. It still scares me a bit to go outside considering Neal could just pop out from no where. But I need to learn to get over it at some point.

"It'll be fine, love. I'll be by your side the whole time," he said, reassuringly.

I smiled at him, knowing he would be.

Together, we walked out of the house and to his car while we held hands. He opened my door for me and helped me in. He then leaned over me, strapping me in. I watched as Killian ran to the drivers side of the car and got in.

Before we began driving, I said, "You might want to text my dad that you're taking me out for drive, just in case he comes home early and notices I'm not home," I suggested. And yes, my dad has Killian's phone number. The two of them have began to get closer and my dad always asks Killian if I'm doing alright when I'm with him. Mostly because I still don't have a new phone since Neal took mine..but hey, that's besides the point.

Killian pulled at his phone and I watched as his fingers tapped at he screen. Once he was done, he put his phone back in his pocket. "There we go. You ready now?"

"Yep," I smiled.

Killian drove around but after a while of driving, he told me to close my eyes and that's exactly what I did. I was a little nervous though. What if Killian was actually helping Neal and he was just going to take me to Neal? Nah. Killian would never do that. I don't even know why I thought that.. What a great girlfriend I am!

After a few more minutes, I felt the car come to a stop. "Open your eyes," I head Killian say.

When I opened my eyes, I looked out to see we were on a cliff, overlooking the town. My eyes widened. The view is absolutely beautiful.

I got out of the car and walked closer to the edge of the cliff. Killian came and stood beside me. I felt as he put his hand on the small of my back. I flinched a little, and I know Killian noticed it, but he didn't say anything.

"This is so pretty, Killian. How'd you find this place?" I asked him.

"I used to come here a lot when I was kid. I've never brought anyone up here. But now that I have you, I wanted to share it with you," he said before kissing me on the cheek.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I said, "God, I love you,"

Killian picked me up bridle style and then sat down, sitting me on his lap. "I love you too, Emma. I will never let you go," he whispered while looking into my eyes.

This is the kind of moment I wanted to remember forever. It's almost like a scene from a movie. To be honest, I never thought I'd have this. To have someone to love and care for. This moment just felt so magical. It felt like a fantasy.

It feels as if I'm living a fantasy.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N: The End. XD
I hope you all enjoyed this story. It is the first story I have ever completed and I cannot thank all of you enough for reading it! 
I love you all <3