Highschool Crush (AU!)

This is my first AU hope you likey!

  Alec sat in the back of his LA class, slumping in his chair. Mr. Starkweather was droning on about Hamlet or something. Half the class was asleep, but Alec was alert. He was staring at his major crush, Magnus Bane.  Magnus, it seemed, was idly chipping at his cracked green nail polish, clearly not listening like the rest of the class. Alec was so intently staring at him, that when his adoptive brother Jace coughed, he turned a bright shade of red and dropped his binder. Suddenly the bell rang and students began to file out the room for lunch.

Alec scrambled to pick up the loose papers, when a caramel, ring-covered hand reached out and handed him a paper. Alec looked up and was startled  to see those gold-green eyes looking at him.

   "Need some help?" asked Magnus coolly. Alec was at a loss for words. He stuttered and then nodded, not before turning a deep shade of puce. He hastily looked down and put the papers in his binder. Then he noticed there was one paper left. He reached for it at the same time as Magnus and their hands ended up brushing against each other. Alec quickly pulled away, scrambled and booked it out of the classroom, blushing profoundly. Magnus called after him, but it was too late.

Magnus shook his head, grinning as he combed his fingers through his gelled hair. Why was it oh so hard to get close to that guy? he wondered. He had seen him staring at him out of the corner of his eye, and while he had acted as if he hadn't noticed, his stomach was doing backflips on the inside.

The Alec Lightwood had noticed him.
The football player that nobody noticed, because even if he was amazing on the field, in everyday life he seemed to just blend in with the shadows. But not to Magnus. To Magnus, he stood out like a diamond in the middle of rubble, and while most people noticed his brother Jace, the star player of the team, he noticed Alec.

Oh how he wanted to know how Alec felt about him! Oh how he longed to run his hands over those smooth toned abs! Magnus found himself drooling. He hastily wiped his chin and left the room, his thoughts on the beautiful football player.

Time skip (brought to you by Jace swearing at ducks)

Alec was tired, but he still had science class left. He groaned as he made his way to the lab, running a hand through his hair and wishing he was at home playing football right now instead. Beside him was Jace, arm in arm with his girlfriend Clary, and beside her was his sister Isabelle, hand in hand with her boyfriend Simon. Being single in a group of horny teenagers sucked. He sighed as he went to his bench. I looked up as Mrs.Branwell was standing over him. "Yes?" I asked politely.

"Oh Alec I hope you don't mind but, you see, Jordan has asked to be with Maia, as he says the two of you don't work well together." That was a lie. They both worked together great, hell they were both on the football team! He only did it so he could get back together with Maia. Alec found himself smirking slightly. "So you'll have to work with your new partner, Magnus" she said. Alec glanced up. Oh no. Magnus appeared beside her and he waved friendly at him. He made way to sit beside him and Mrs.Branwell walked away.

   "Hi" he breathed.

"What! Hi me? Oh uh h-ha I mean hi" Alec stuttered. He face palmed  himself. Magnus chuckled.

"I'm pretty good at chemistry of I do say so myself. And I must say, I sense we have some great chemistry" he smirked. Alec blushed. The two didn't even pay attention to the task, as they simply sat there chatting. But when Alec thought things were going well, he messed up.

  The discussion was on fashion, which Alec hadn't had a clue about.

"I don't know anything about fashion" he blurted, "but I do know you do. And you dress glamorously!" Instantly Alec regretted this comment. Magnus laughed.

"I take that as a compliment, thank you" he said.

"Wannagoooutwithme!?" Alec blabbed.

"What?" asked Magnus confused.

"Do. You. Want. To. Go. Out. With. Me?" Alec said slowly. He prepared himself for rejection but instead he got an amazing response:

"I'd love to! How bout Friday night at seven?" he asked. Alec nodded happily. When the bell rang, the two went their separate ways, as they both eagerly waited for the week to end.

FIN

I quite liked this! I may as well do a part two so watch out for that. Did you guys like it? Comment and vote please!
Bai my LOVLIES!