Just Studying? (Featuring Aubrey and Max)

In which Aubrey is well... Studying more then just her books.
Aubrey's age: 17
Max: 13
Enjoy!
PS JAHAHAHA stamina runes they make me laugh every time

Alec and Magnus unlocked the door carrying in their groceries to find Max (their 13 year old warlock son) sitting on the couch playing a video game titled "Die Zombies Die!" The two regretted buying him the game as all he ever did was play it now.

"Max!? Maax!? Where's your sister? Why'd she leave you alone?" asked Alex. Max paused his game and set down his controller. He ran a hand through his ruby red hair and rubbed his iridescent violet eyes. He had two warlocks marks, his hair and eyes. He stood out so much to the two that they had to adopt him as a baby. Although his colouring was interesting, it wasn't an issue in class. Most kids and people thought his hair was dyed, and with a little glamour his eyes became blue.

   "Pops. I'm thirteen I can take care of myself" he sighed. Pops was what the two called Alec and Dad was Magnus' name. "But she told me to tell you that she's in her room studying for a big test and not to disturb her at all. But I think she's studying more then just her books if you ask me." With that he turned back toward his game and focused all of his attention on the screen. Magnus and Alec shook their heads at their sons nonsense and went to put the groceries away. Suddenly Magnus was overcome with something and sat down.

  "Mags what's wrong!?" asked Alec, panicked.

  "Nothing I- well there's a soundless charm in our house."

  "Where?" asked Alec. Magnus pointed toward the room at the farthest end of the corridor, Aubrey's room. The two looked at each other and got up to investigate. The arrived at the door and Alec said in a sing song voice "Aubrey! We brought you your favourite cookies! Come out for a snack and take a break from studying." Silence. Then:

  "N-no thanks guys heh I'm fine!" Aubrey called. This time, Magnus answered her sternly.

"Open the door Aubs" he said. Alec and Magnus heard silence but on the other side of the door there was hustling and bustling as Aubrey shoved her blue-skinned boyfriend into her closet. She hastily unlocked the door and climbed into her bed, pulling the covers up high over her midsection and pretended to be reading something out of a textbook and on her laptop. The door swung open to reveal her two fathers standing in the doorway.

"How's the studying going?" Magnus asked. Alec looked around. Aubrey's face was flushed, hair disheveled and the covers were pulled up around her tight, but for the most part everything seemed normal.

"Good."

"That's nice. By the way what's with the soundless charm?" threw in Magnus casually. Aubrey blanched but quickly pushed the emotion away before the two could notice. Or so she thought. They had caught it, but said nothing.

"You know me. I recite everything loud when I study." It was true. She liked to study while reading loudly because she said it helped her focus better and memorize things easier. "I added the charm so Max wouldn't get annoyed. You know him, always playing that darn video game. He should really get out more" she said, trying to change the discussion.

"How'd you put it up? You're not a warlock?" said Alec.

"Max did it. Remember you taught him how Dad?"

"You just said you did it."

Aubrey silently cursed herself.
"I mean I did it in the sense of was my idea you know?" Alec and Magnus didn't look like they bought it though.
They strode over to her bed, and Aubrey inched away.

"Cmon Aubrey let me sit down with you. Let's watch some Netflix. Take a break" Alec said evilly. They took another step. Aubrey inched away. Then when Alec was close enough he noticed something. On his daughters right shoulder, was a stamina rune. He crossed his muscular arms over his chest.