| four

[chapter four.]
[LIAM KING]

] ▬[LIAM KING]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

As soon as Scion took over, I football tackled Alpha Edwards to the ground right as he raised his fist to hit her again, knocking him onto the ground. Hearing the air whoosh out of his lungs was like music to my ears.

I punched him in the jaw before he had a chance to recover. I did this a couple of times before he could even get a lick in.

When he finally did, he hit me in the stomach. I only felt a slight pain and the hit only made me more angry.

This was the man who has been hitting my mate. Why though? Isn't he her father? I heard he had taken up drinking after his mate had died and it was only a rumor that he even had a daughter. The only way I knew she was his kid was that they looked very much like each other.

    Suddenly, there was a sharp yank on the back of my shirt. Thinking it was his beta, Jackson, coming to help, I turned swiftly with my fist raised at the other enemy. But only to see my mate there.

    Her eye was swollen and she had a dark bruise forming on her jaw. There was a hand print on her cheek from where he slapped her.

    But as I turned towards her, she flinched and ducked down protecting her head with her arm as if she thought I was going to hit her.

    I stared at her with a mixture of sorrow and anger. I was sad that I caused her fear.

    As I was looking at her, her father decided to catch me off guard and pull me into a choke hold. As his arm slid around my neck, I immediately turned into my midnight black wolf. He was forced to let go of me and change too, because he knew that if he didn't, he was going to die in his human form. His wolf was a russet color. Nothing like his daughter, who was as white as freshly fallen snow.

    We stood facing each other in aggressive stances. With our hackles raised, and our ears pressed flat against our heads. We stared at each other. Who ever looked away was the loser. It was a show of dominance.

    Just as Alpha Edwards looked away and got into a crouching position, my mate moved in between us to take the lunge.

    As the man lunged, he barreled into her latching onto her arm. You could hear bones snap in half. Her face morphed into one of pure agony. She let out an ear piercing scream. She fell to the ground clutching her broken arm, her head making a loud sound as it connected with the floor.

    I couldn't see anything. All I saw was red. I let Scion take over knowing that he would do the job quickly. I could see everything happening from the back of my mind. As I watched, Scion lunged at the man, and ripped his throat out.