Chapter 10

The city was buzzing with a massive manhunt in progress. Bill Darsen’s team was on the trail of a nonexistent male with blonde hair, and a tattoo on his forearm. The police resources had been further divided with the rotting body of Angelo, being found after some drug dealers stole his car, and were picked up by police. The icing on the cake, for Paul was when the deputy Mayor was gunned down two days ago, police once again divided resources. 

Biker gangs were the lead suspects in the case, since the deputy mayor had been running a campaign to shut down their operations. The city, home to a million people was at a stand still, the media was in frenzy. Paul watched the news segments playing on a small television in a garden shed, from a distance. He stood hidden amongst the shadows of a familiar backyard, one he’d been watching for days.

 Eric Cane the heavy set, tattooed biker, puffed away on a joint, unaware that the current serial killer being hunted on television was in his backyard. The yard was surrounded by thick trees, and a high stone fence, giving Paul the perfect cover needed no one could see in. 

The bikers were thugs in Paul's mind they got away with everything, half the time the police were in the paper alongside them getting busted for corruption. Gregory Cane had left the house twenty minutes ago Paul would of liked them both but it would affect the pattern a male was next. He needed this especially after the kill he made after the fake Gianna abduction so he let Gregory go. 

 The Biker made a couple of phone calls and did some occasional yelling, as though proving how tough he was through the telephone. Paul drew a little closer, almsot on all fours he'd been crouching too long. 

 Eric Cane was next, and that’s all that mattered. The man had his second joint hanging out of his mouth while he sat in a trance. Neither he, nor Paul felt the chilling wind that blew gently. The night was dead all except for the news running on the television just a short distance away. 

Stop dicking around. 

 He began his descent onto Eric Cane, younger brother of Gregory Cane, the President of the Snakes Chapter who will definitely avenge his brothers death by blaming the other gangs in the city. Paul couldn't believe Eric had no idea the danger that was behind him, he thought the biker would surely be on his guard twenty-four-seven. 

One…Two…Three…Four…Five, too slow!  Paul sliced Eric, before the stoned fiend had a chance to reach his gun. His eyes were wide with shock he’d probably always expected to go out with a bang, but not by some kid he’s never seen.

Now the war can start. That was actually easier than Caesar, Paul stood and admired his handy work for a moment. 

The biker gangs all across the city, had put aside their differences to combat the government. With one slice of Paul’s knife he was about to pit them all back against each other, hopefully in a long lasting bloody all out war. He wasn’t doing it because they were bad, he had nothing against good or bad, it was strictly for the purpose of more chaos. More murders, more police investigations, more resources divided, and less media coverage of the serial killer getting about. 

Divide and Conquer.

 Paul crept alongside the side of the house that was more like a bigger garden shed.  Most of the surface area was dirt, or gravel. But he came prepared wearing large biker shoes, with extra weight in them to give the impression a bigger man was here. Just in the event forensics got too nit picky. He stalked along, and stepped over the dead Rottweiler, he finished on his way in. He didn’t mind dogs, he just didn’t like their keen senses, they were too good of security systems.

 “Where have you been?” Veena was sitting on the edge of his bed as he crept in, her arms were folded and her eyes were piercing. 

“Excuse me?” The last thing he needed was to explain his whereabouts for the past few hours.