The Broken One

Lucas' POV

I've hurt Danielle and Haley. I've done enough. I didn't even know why I kissed Danielle. I mean I also didn't know Haley was coming, don’t you think Danielle could’ve given me a warning? What am I talking about; Danielle didn’t even see that coming, either. I’m the one the both of them should blame. I’m a freaking player; I’m the one who—

Shut up already, we know. You’re a player and it’s your entire fault.

It's a Saturday and I have no idea what I’m going to do today which I usually do; hang out with either Evan or Danny and play basketball or watch basketball. But this Sunday I just want to stay in bed, and I don't want to eat. Like at all. I just want to go to Haley’s house and say sorry. But that’s not enough. And then I thought of coming to Danielle’s to talk to her of how to get through Haley. I needed to say sorry to Danielle anyways so I might as well just talk to her too.

I dialed the Danielle’s number and I put my phone against my ear. After a few rings, she picked up.

“Hey, Dani.” I started off by gritting my teeth.

“Hey, Luc.” She sounded casual which means she’s not made right?

“Can I come over to your house?” I asked her.

Silence until she finally said something. “What for?”

“I need something to get through Haley; not just any apology, maybe something more that’s why I need your help!” I whined.

“Okay, 12 sharp; late and you’ll be banned from my house.” She said before hanging up.

I quickly got dressed into a simple T-Shirt and jeans and went off to Danielle’s house. My mom isn’t around often so I’m all alone but I’m used to it.

I got in Danielle’s pretty quick because her house is just in front of my house. I knocked on the door a few times and someone opened. She had blonde hair, brown eyes and pale skin. Her blonde locks fell just two inches above her waist and she looked almost like Danielle, because it’s her twin sister, Daniella.

“Hey.” She greeted me. “Lucas right?”

I nodded. “Yeah. Ella right?”

She nodded and led me inside the Bowman’s humble home. “Want any snacks? If you don’t, you can directly go to Danielle in her room.”

“Thanks but I’ll just directly go.” I told her and she nodded in response, sitting on the couch. As I went up the stairs, I said to her, “Thanks, by the way.”

“No prob.” She said.

You see, when I say the Bowman’s humble home, it’s so huge. Even mine isn’t as huge as this. They had a very nice kitchen, a huge living room and a very big TV. I didn’t know the rest but the rest of the house was so wide. I knocked Danielle’s door and she shouted a come in and I twisted the doorknob. The color pink and purple crawled up my eyes and I saw a blonde sitting on the bed, focusing on her laptop and a guitar beside her.

“I already have an idea.” She said, her green eyes flash with pure excitement.

“And what is it?” I asked her, worriedly.

“A song.” She squealed. “You’re going to sing her a song and I’ve already found the lyrics.”

I groaned. “Do I really have to sing?”

You’re the one apologizing and not me, obviously, you’re singing.”

I gave her a sigh of defeat as she held her guitar and started strumming a few chords and humming a melody. I assume she’s trying to figure out the chords as I just sat down in her bed, looking at her.