The Truth Is Spoken

Danielle's POV

After school, I went off to the park alone; Evan texted that he was already there, waiting for me. I held back the tears and being with Evan is exactly what I needed. I needed someone to hug and to sob on and besides Haley, Evan is the guy I always come to. He’s my best friend and he cares of course.

I spotted Evan, sitting on our usual bench just near the tree and the ice cream stand. I hardly breathe and I know why. It’s because the feeling that came along with it. Haley and I met here and we became best friends here and we always go here. I wanted to cry because of the damn thing.

Be strong, Danielle. God damn it.

“Hey!” Evan hugged me as I felt chills ran down my spine because of the warmth he’s giving me.

“Hey.” I hugged him back.

“Ready for ice cream?” He asked.

I nodded eagerly which made the boy laugh. “I want strawberry.” I whined like a nine year old.

“Okay, okay.” He chuckled.

We got our ice cream about five minutes later and sat on our usual bench. I’m still licking the damn ice cream while Evan is almost finished nibbling on his cone. He has few drops of vanilla cream on his cheeks and I laughed. He flushed in embarrassment and I told him not to wipe it off yet so we could take a picture. I checked my phone and I saw Haley taking a picture with Nikki and Lucas which she posted on instagram. I sighed and locked my phone.

Evan must’ve noticed because he asked, “Are you okay?”

I nodded. “Yeah.”

He sighed dramatically. “Just don’t open your phone tonight, alright? Except if I text you.” He winked.

I chuckled.

After a few good minutes on talking and confessing and whatsoever, Evan walked me home. My house was in the Alpha streets and his was in the Beta. I had a pretty huge house with a pool, a nice kitchen, many bathrooms and bedrooms and everything else but I didn’t care.

Throughout the way, my heart was beating out of my chest. I thought it’s maybe because of the affection Evan was giving me but it couldn’t possibly be. I mean, he does like me and I kind of like him but I can’t date him, he’s my best friend it would be awkward, somehow.

We were in front of my house already and Evan gave my temples a kiss which made me blush. I was probably a tomato right now because it burns. “Bye.” He whispered.

“Bye.” I whispered back. He walked away as I opened the door to my house.

I sighed dreamily as my eyes locked with a pair of cold brown ones. She was standing there with a look— a forced one, maybe and she’s glaring at me. Her face was pale and her lips were white.

“Hales?” I said.

The brunette rolled her eyes. “Yeah, obviously.”

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Fine, I’ll leave.” She hissed. As she was about to reach the handle, I grabbed her wrist.

“Wait!”

Our gazes met. “What?” Her voice was the definition of annoyance.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered.

She simply nodded, avoiding eye contact. “Am I forgiven?” I asked.

“Yes.” I sighed. “But don’t talk to me again.” She said.