Epilogue

Danielle’s POV

I don’t really know about this whole girlfriend thing though. I mean, saying yes only taking risks and because I want to get out of this hole and pain. Maybe Alvin is just what I needed, right?

I stretched my arms and smiled to myself before getting out of my bed. I pick up a comb and brush it through my hair.

Maybe life could be getting better after all. Maybe, in the end, everything will stand at middle ground and everyone will compromise.

I heard a knock on the door and someone opened it. It was dad. “Hey, honey, do you want to go to the beach? Everyone will be there.”

I mean, it’s great seeing dad like  this but isn’t it a bit creepy that mom just died and he already find closure? Maybe he’s doing this to show how strong he is and I don’t blame him.

Today was two days after Alvin asked me to be his girlfriend; two days after I said yes and two days after mom’s funeral.

Yesterday, dad seemed like he’s smiling and laughing again and now, he’s literally in a creepy mood. Not that happy is creepy but it is to me.

“Um yeah, sure.” I respond to him.

“We’re leaving in an hour, yeah?”

I nodded in response and without saying anything, he just stormed off like that.

First of all, I don’t think that dad has bipolar because if anyone has the bipolar, it’s me.

Second, the bipolar thing is kind of true. Yesterday I was in a really crappy mood and then suddenly, today I’m grinning like an idiot.

Third, maybe the beach thing is kind of good for an escape and all. That’s what all of us need right about now.

Oh, and, Haley and Evan didn’t work it out. They’re afraid that they’re going to ruin their friendship so they’re sticking to being friends. Actually, Evan was the one who said that and Haley didn’t seem to mind. After all, I think Lucas is the one after her now.

I really think mom being here is a lot better but then again, she’s not.

So if you haven’t guessed, I’m still confused about all of this, still. I have the bipolar thing and it’s been ruining me.

Last night, I can’t sleep; I stayed up until two o’clock and yesterday, I barely eat anything.

I’m scared and I need mom.

Sighing the fact that she’s not here, I think a shower would do me. I just think I need to think straight and try to control my feelings towards everything. I’ll try not to be crappy then happy. I’ll just make attempts to be happy all the time. Maybe, just maybe, it’s all I need after all.

Stripping, I made my way to the shower and turned hot the warm water. I know I’m weird because hello! It’s summer and I’m showering with warm water. I think it’s because hot showers are my escape from stress.

Warm water touched my skin and I let out a moan of pleasure (don’t think of it that dirty).

I thought of being strong and controlling my mood. I have to take this right like everyone else is. Ella is happy because Brent is by her side. Dad is happy because he has me and Ella and I have to be happy because I’m starting something with Alvin. Maybe he can help me find closure; I just have to let him.

After showering, I went to my closet and packed my swimsuit and wore a casual outfit; shirt, shorts and sneakers. I let my blonde hair loose into its natural waves and I did a natural make up.