Cuts

Haley’s POV

I’m guilty and I know I should be because what if Danielle thinks this is something to get back at her for dating Lucas? What if this and what is that is echoing through my mind right now which sucks because there was also this feeling in my stomach which I do not like.

I have to cancel the date; I have to.

Yawning, I got myself off the bed and went directly to shower. It’s summer break already, oh my, so fast.

Cold water touched my skin as I thought about things like Danielle and Lucas, Lucas and I, Danielle and Evan and finally, Evan and I.

Should I cancel the date?

No, Danielle said don’t let her feelings interfere right?

Yeah, but I just really feel guilty and it hurts; it will also hurt Danielle and I don’t like hurting my best friend.

After I was done, I picked out a summer outfit which is tank top and plaid cardigan and then just short jeans.

I picked up my phone, dialed Evan’s number then pressed my phone against my ear.

“Hello, babe.” I feel him smirking from the other line.

I rolled my eyes. “I don’t want you calling me that.”

“Ouch.”

“And I want to cancel the date.”

“What?” He screamed. “Why?”

“Danielle; I’m guilty and I don’t like it.”

He sighed dramatically. “Look, why don’t we talk over this with Danielle, all right?”

I sighed. “Fine.”

I hung up and dialed Danielle’s number. Again, I pressed my phone against my ear.

She picked up but then I heard groaning and yawning. “Hm?”

“Danielle, it’s Haley.”

“Yeah, I know, I have a caller ID, you know.” She said a bit harshly and I felt her rolling her eyes.

“Why are you being so harsh?” I raised my tone in a flash of anger.

“I’m on my period, don’t mess with me.” She sarcastically said.

I rolled my eyes. “Can Evan and I go to your house?”

“I always welcome my two best friends here.” She said in a high-pitched voice.

“Okay, I’ll see you.” I said smoothly.

“Hm,” She moaned. “But can you go here in about three hours?”

“Why?” I asked.

“Because I’m still sleepy.” She yawned.

“Sure.”

With that, she hung up and then I sighed, I then quickly texted Evan, saying that she said in three hours.

I can’t believe that Danielle sounded a bit harsh earlier to me and I can’t help but feel that it’s because of me. I mean, she wouldn’t have sounded harsh or something if I hadn’t said yes to Evan right? But then again, I still hate her for dating Lucas.

Danielle’s POV

Being too late and being the one whose people’s second choice hurts now, does it?

I have that exact same feeling when people choose you in second place. Maybe that’s because I’ve never been second place before right?

I cried last night, talking to Ella about everything. How I was too late and how I should’ve never dated Lucas because none of these things would’ve happened. I hate it and I hate me. I have no idea what to even do right now; Ella is on a date with Brent since this morning then came mom and dad who are spending some time together downstairs.