Chapter 7: The Girl in the Blood Stained Night Dress

"I know it is a bit early, but I am going to get ready for bed, will you be alright Ross?" Rochelle said heading slowly towards the stairs and saw Ross nodding slowly.

Ross threw himself onto the couch and stared at the ceiling for a quite a while. There were many things running through his head at that moment. He felt heartbroken at his father's words and actions. There was so much hatred built up inside of him that he could barely think of anything happy to cheer him up. After a few hours the whole house went quiet. Every part of the mansion was dark except the living room. Ross was still sitting on the couch thinking about senseless stuff like becoming more successful than his father and rubbing it in his face in a few years' time.

There was a slight breeze coming through the living room from the piano's side along with a whispering sound. Ross turned his head slightly and stared at the piano. He stood up and walked over to the corner of the room where the piano was standing. He sat down in front of it but still remained silent. He opened part covering the keys and took a deep breath. It did not matter to him if he would wake anyone up. What more could he do wrong? He felt his fingers moving in a gracious rhythm over the keys. He was overwhelmed by the beautiful song he was playing. He never heard it in his entire life and yet he was playing it without a flaw. The beautiful sound illuminated the room and echoed through the hallways and living room. Everything seemed perfect to Ross at that moment he was playing. Each note was more beautiful than the other. Perhaps it was the hatred and disappointment playing for his part and for some reason the happiness he felt at that moment caused his eyes to glow a bright green colour. Similar to the green light in the shed. At that moment he remembered what had happened in the shed, but his fingers continued to dance gracefully over the keys. Strange flashing images filled his mind of an old opening a rusty door then his sight blurred and suddenly there after revealed the man holding a large knife then it blurred once again showing the man holding a piece of paper and a stone standing in a pile of blood with candles surrounding him. Ross was playing at his best at that moment. He never knew that he was able to make up a song without any flaws. His eyes were shining even brighter.

"Ross..." Said a soft voice that came from the living room door.

His eyes returned to its normal shade of green. He felt as if he had just woken up from a dream. He turned around to find Rochelle standing in the doorway. He did not know what to think or what he was looking at. His eyes grew large at the sight of his sister.

Rochelle was standing in the doorway wearing a white nightdress Ross recognized as the one his mother use to wear. The dress was splattered from neck to knees with bright red blood. It was dripping on the floor all around Rochelle's bare feet. She stood there looking at Ross with a blank expression on her face. Ross noticed that she was holding one of the kitchen knives in her left hand.

"Rochelle, what happened to you?" Ross said rising slowly from his seat with fear in his eyes.

Rochelle stared at him still with a stunned look upon her face and then suddenly started to cry. She fell to the ground with her knees in the pool of blood looking utterly terrified. Ross rushed to her side almost instantly nearly kicking over a coffee table.

"Calm down! Just tell me what happened, I am here Rochelle, look at me and do not worry everything will be okay..."

"Ross... I... I did... something... terribly wrong..." Rochelle cried and grabbed onto Rosses neck.

"Okay take a deep breath. Now again, and again, that is it. Now tell me what happened to you?"

"I do not know Ross. I can't remember a thing. I had a dream but woke up standing over..."