Chapter 22: The Swinging Gold Digger

Ross and Trevor were sitting in the kitchen the next morning each having a cup of coffee and watching the morning news. There was a story on the tragedy that happened at Mr Holder's social gathering the previous night. Guests were interview to tell their side of the story, but for some reason they all claimed that they had no idea what happened. Each guest claimed that they felt like they were in a hypnotized state and as they gained consciousness they discovered that they were covered in blood and bruises.

"Wow, I really caused a scene." Ross said in a guilty manner.

"Never, I bet those people were drunk when it happened." Trevor said sarcastically and the two of them laughed. Trevor just finished making breakfast when the telephone rang.

"Victor residence Trevor speaking. Yes he is, where are you though... Yes we have been watching the news... You do not have to worry about him because he is perfectly fine no thanks to you. Hello? Bloody rude bitch! Can you believe your fiancé just hanged up on me?"

"You guys are forever in each other's hair. I think you two need to take a day off and go watch a movie together. You know what I mean, some bonding time or anything of that sort." Ross said and took a bite of his bacon.

"Can you see the face I am pulling at you right now? I am going to get the mail, be right with you." Trevor arrived back at the table a few moments later holding a stack of letters in his right hand. He went to sit next to Ross and threw the letters in the centre of the table.

"Anything for me?" Ross asked with his mouth still full.

"Jeez Ross don't you want to finish chewing you food before you speak. I just had this dry cleaned. What do you think of my Lourissa impression?" Trevor said and Ross snickered. Ross bent forward to pick up the stack of letters and carefully paged through them. He was just about to get to the last letter when her came across a letter for Lourissa that was sent from their next door neighbour, Bill Wilson a wealthy business man.

"This is odd don't you think? Why would Bill send my fiancé a letter? I have not even met the bloke yet, but he sends her a letter." Ross said to Trevor worryingly.

"Perhaps you should open it then and see what he has to say." Ross took the knife he ate his breakfast with and opened the letter from Bill. He folded it open and started to read it out loud.

Dear Lourissa

My cell phone got broken when you left yesterday evening on your way back home so I will not be able to send you any messages or call you, so by the time you get home, my letter will hopefully be delivered, I just arrived safely in New York and I miss you already. Thank you for spending the night with me at my place. I know how busy you are and how hard it must be to rent a room in the house of that self-absorbed musician. I am just waiting for the divorce to take place then you can come live with me. I will be thinking of you the entire time I am gone and in the meantime I will send you something nice to apologise for waiting

Billy

"What did I tell you Ross?" Trevor stopped eating his breakfast and stared at Ross with his bellows on the table and hands folded in front of his mouth. Ross could not think of anything to say. He was filled with shock and disappointment.

"I thought she love me Trev." Ross said softly.

"Seems to me she only loved your money and now she is moving on to get even some more of it."

"What should I do Trev? This is horrible!" Ross said and rested his head on his arm. Trevor fell silent for a few moments. The entire room was quiet as the two of them was thinking of a plan.