Chapter 12: Trevor Brown

Out of the darkness emerged a tall, skinny figure that made Ross feel quite scared and outnumbered. Ross was staring at a tall, skinny man dressed in a clean, neat black suit. He had milky white skin, combed over raven black hair and his brown eyes shined under the street light. He had a very dark appearance to him. Ross stared at him wondering what he was going to say next. He was, in a way, terrified at this man staring down upon him.

"Oh, hi there did you say something. Sorry I thought I heard someone talking. What is your name kind sir?" Ross said trying not to stutter. The man tilted his head to the side and looked at Ross in a devious way.

"You seem like an interesting person. I can't shake the feeling that you have been up to trouble recently in your life. The name is Trevor Brown. Who are you if I may ask?" The man started walking around Ross and observed his every aspect.

"I am Ross Victor. I am new in town. We just recently moved from Germany. How can you tell I have been up trouble?" Ross said trying not to sound rude.

"This is going to seem weird to you but I have seen some pretty strange things in my life. I also got this strange vibe from you. Something supernatural to if I am not mistaking. The last time I felt a vibe like this, the person turned out to be possessed by an ancient spirit." Ross wondered how Trevor knew this about him. The only people who knew were his family members and Madame Ulette. When he mentioned Madame Ulette's name in his mind he also thought about the last letter she sent him, the one he did not quite understand. 'Do not fear the skinny man in the shadows, for he can help you from time to time.'

"How did you know?" Ross was shocked at how accurate Trevor's analysis was.

"Let us just say I have been there before. You are probably a bit sceptic about talking to people you just met in a dark alley, but let me just tell you, you are going to need my help soon. I have been helping several people in my life, as a butler, especially people in the same situation you are in now." Trevor took out a piece of paper with his name and number on it and turned away from Ross.

"Please wait a minute sir! What you just told me turned out to be exactly true. I am possessed by a spirit. But..."

"I suggest we do not speak about this out in the open." Trevor interrupted.

"I live just down the street. Would you mind coming along then we can talk about this, I will make you some coffee?" Trevor nodded his head slowly then turned to face Ross again. Ross did not think twice about inviting a stranger to his aunt's house. He trusted Trevor with everything he had due to the fact that he knew exactly what was going on and because of Madame Ulette's letter.

Debbie's apartment was still empty the time they got there. Ross started making coffee and switched on a few light around the apartment. Trevor was standing next to the window and looking out into the dark night.

"How many sugars Trevor?" Ross asked Trevor from out the kitchen.

"Two for me please." Trevor said calmly.

Ross was feeling a bit stressed as he brought the coffee to the living room. Debbie would certainly not appreciate him bringing strangers he met off the street into her house.

"So please do tell me how you figured out what is going on with me and why do you say I will need your help." Ross said and took a sip of his coffee.

"When I was a young boy, my mother had a lot of strange hobbies. She opened her soul to very dark things. She still really cared about me during it all so we spent time with each other through out my life. She then introduced me to her dark hobbies. She was busy with all sorts of witchcraft she learned throughout her younger years. Fortunately my soul was too pure to be overtaken by what she had been possessed by. Instead it only made my appearance darker than it had been when I was younger. My mother then died of a rare disease when I turned eighteen. They took her body away, but her soul for some reason kept talking to me in my dreams. She told me that where ever I can, I must devote my life to help people in the same situation she had been. I am twenty four now and I have been helping quite a few people these last couple of year. It gave my mind and heart exposure to very dark things. That is why I could tell something was living inside you, but you are quite different from the rest." Ross stared at Trevor completely focused on his words.