Chapter 20: The Bloody Gathering

"He is been acting kind of strange ever since we got back from Germany." Lourissa said and took a sip of her wine.

"I know right, it must have been hard for him to find out that his only to remaining blood relatives passed away in a car accident." Trevor said softly.

"What do you suppose we should do about it? I understand that he is sad and all but the things he is starting to do is beginning to frighten me. Just the other night I woke up and found him in the bathroom making weird faces in the mirror." Lourissa said and checked her surroundings.

"I guess all we can do now is wait at least another week. If he does not get any better by then, we should call a shrink to come and talk to him."

Trevor and Lourissa was busy watching the morning news when Ross suddenly appeared behind them while they were sitting on the couch. He was holding a glass of whiskey in his left hand and a cigar in the other.

"Trevor, guess who I am? You have got spunk kid, I am just too lazy to get off my ass and appreciate it, and while you are here, let me steal half your money. Come on guess!" Ross said trying to keep himself up and took a drag of his cigar.

"Mr Pibels?" Trevor said politely.

"Exactly! You are such a smart man do you know that? Why hello there my beautiful flower. You smell clean today. Having some wine are we?" Ross said and fell down next to Lourissa on the couch.

"Hun... You smell like a moving tavern and an ash tray." Lourissa said in disgust and pushed Ross away from her designer dress.

"Oh yeah? Well YOU smell like a moving tavern too. A moving tavern AND you smell like a moving strip club. It is Sunday morning and it looks like you are going to the casino." Ross took a sip of his whiskey and stared in front of him like a naughty child waiting to do something devious.

"Ross your manager called and asked me if you would be able to attend a gathering at Mr Holder's house on Tuesday?" Trevor said to Ross calmly.

"A gathering? You mean like a party sort of thing? Sure I will go! I would love to get out of this shit hole for a while!" Ross said loudly with puffy eyes.

"I won't be coming along Trevor. I have to meet up with my dad on Tuesday afternoon. We are having dinner with one of his associates." Lourissa said arrogantly

"What is it with you and meeting up with your dad so much. Last week when I asked you if you would be able to pick up Ross's package from the post office you said you are out with your dad." Trevor said drastically and raised his eyebrow.

"Yeah and yesterday when I asked you to come and have dinner with me at Hugo's you said no you are helping your dad with something down town. Come on I am sure he can go one day without you." Ross said in a lethargic manner.

"My decision is final Ross!" Lourissa got up and left the room.

"Ross I think you should lay low on the whiskey. You are beginning to break things around the house and beginning to forget things." Trevor said and took the whiskey from Ross.

"Okay just one more sip. Thanks Trev you are okay." Trevor rolled his eyes and left the room.

It was seven in the evening on Tuesday. Grand cars stopped at the end of a red carpet leading to a big wooden door being opened and closed by two men wearing black suits and matching red ties. Many important individuals from all around the country showed up at Mr Holder's house that evening. Wealthy business men and even famous actresses from the 80's. Ross and Trevor were standing next to beverage table and watched the fancy dressed men and woman entering the room one by one each looking quite snobbish and rude. Ross never really attended such a gathering and wondered how would be the best way to act on this evening to prevent any issues that could arise between them and Mr Holder's guests. Each table was beautifully decorated with crystal candle holders and red table cloths. The napkins were held together with golden rings and the eating utensils were neatly place next to each other. Each table had a bottle of champagne and red wine in the middle. The chairs were dark brown with bright red covering and golden lining around the edges of the red covering. In the front of the room was an open section where a piano stood in the centre with a microphone next to it. Ross and Trevor eventually found their table and went to sit as more guests arrived. Shortly after the doors closed and everyone fell silent. Mr Holder appeared from a door at the back of the open section. He smiled and waved to all of his guests as he strolled over the polished wooden floor. He stopped in front of the microphone and tapped it to checked and see if it was working