Chapter 2

WARNING MAJOR POV CHANGE GOING ON HERE

Mitch's POV

~A few months later~

'Just keep going' I thought to myself. It had been a few hours since I had gotten separated from Dad... and now I'm lost. I could feel myself slowing down. 'Just for a little while' I thought. As I sat there, leaning on a tree for support I thought I saw a brown blob move through the trunks on the opposite side of the clearing. I shook my head. I need to get back to the village soon, I'm starting to see things. I must've been more tired then I thought... because I feel asleep.

Jerome's POV

I saw a young human boy walking through the forest all alone. He looked to be about my age. 'Shouldn't he have someone with him?' I asked myself. So I decided to follow him. When he rested against a tree I guess I moved to fast or something because he looked up and stared into the trees where I was now hiding. I stayed as still as possible and he finally looked away. I let out a breath. 'That was close' I thought to myself. When he fell asleep I became a little braver. I walked out into the clearing and made my way over to him. *SNAP* I looked down and saw I had stepped on a twig. Notch dangit. I heard moaning and looked up. The human was starting to get up! I panicked, I was too far from the other side of the clearing and HE was right in front of my escape route through the other side. I was trapped. I just gave up and curled into a ball on the ground.

Mitch's POV

When I fully got up and looked around I saw a ball of brown... fluff on the floor. The ball whimpered. I jumped and slowly got to my feet. I walked up to it and poked it.

"GRRRRRR"

Was my response. I jumped back and the walked up to it and crouched down.

"I'm not going to hurt you," I said, looking down at the ball of fluff. Slowly the ball uncurled. Big soulful eyes looked up at me. Was I still dreaming? Baccas are supposed to be hidden very carefully or extinct.

"B-but y-your a HUMAN," the Bacca whimpered looking up at me with fear in his eyes.

Jerome's POV

'Why doesn't he just kill me already?' I asked myself. I let out a small whimper and closed my eyes. The end of my existence was near, I could tell.

"I'm sorry Fairy," I whispered and felt a tear fall down my cheek.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you," the human said again looking down at me with an expression in his eyes. Was that WORRY? No it couldn't be, since when do humans care about stinky, smelly, old baccas?

"My name is Mitch, whats yours?" the human boy said.

"J-jerome," I managed to get out. Why does he care about knowing my name? He's gonna kill me... right?

Mitch's POV

"rome," I heard.

"I didn't hear you," I said.

"JEROME!" the Bacca yelled looking up at me with sadness, anger, and confusion.

"Ok, Jerome," I said.

"W-what do you want from me?" Jerome asked me.

"I only want to know why you were following me," I said.

"I-i thought maybe, maybe you had food," Jerome said looking at my backpack.

"Oh!" I exclaimed. The ba- no, Jerome.started and whimpered.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you," I mumbled. I started to dig around in my backpack, my tongue sticking out of my mouth.

"Aha!" I exclaimed and pulled out raw fish. I handed it to Jerome. He looked at me in surprise then took it. He looked at me wearily while he took the first bite. His eyes widened.

Jerome's POV

The flavor flooded my mouth, it was soooo good! I felt my eyes widen. I took my gaze off of, what was his name? Mitch? Yeah, that's it. Mitch. I devoured the fish he gave me. When I had finished I looked up and I noticed he was looking at me.

"Did you like it?" he asked me.

"Y-yes. Thank you," I said, remembering my... what was it that Mother called it? Manners, yeah... remembering my manners.

☆ミ ☆彡☆ミ ☆彡☆ミ ☆彡

A/N ERMAHGURD I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE THIS! AHHHHHH! THANK YOU!

☆ミ ☆彡☆ミ ☆彡☆ミ ☆彡