Chapter One

Evan

"Why the hell didn't you answer my text last night?!" Sydney yells her usual gibberish. "Sorry. I was busy." "With what? Making love to your fucking YouTube channel?" "Its better than making love to you." I snapped back. All the kids in the hallway watching went "Oooo". Well all except some of Sydney's bitchy friends. It was only our sophomore year and she was already dressing like the rest of the sluts. "Sorry, it's hard to fuck an Asian with the small dick and all." She snapped back. She put her hands on her hips and flipped her hair. "Then why the fuck did you obsess over me in eighth grade? "Ooh Evan" this and "Evan love me" this. Are you seriously bitching about me? I'm fucking done with you, you whore." I grabbed my stuff out of my locker and threw my book bag over my shoulder as I stood up the middle finger. "Yeah why don't you shove that up your ass!" Sydney shouted. "Anything is better than fucking you!" I yelled back. I turned around and noticed her ten pounds of mascara running off her face. I laughed to myself as I walked to the fountain in front of our school. I sat down and just enjoyed the peace. It was the beginning of autumn. Leaves falling. Pumpkins here and there. But my favorite was dressing up and scaring on Halloween. I loved all the haunted houses. The horror movies.

When I was thinking I caught the sight of someone walking towards me. It looked like an adult. Probably early thirties, late twenties. When he reached twenty feet from me he put his hood down. He rolled up his right sleeve. I saw a small tattoo of something on his hand. Then I looked at his face. On his forehead there was a sapphire blue crescent moon on his forehead. His was filled in and it head little tattoos that looked like fists coming from each side.

I started getting nervous when I noticed the tattoo from my generations of my grandmother's tribe called Chukchi. They've had many vampyres in their tribe. My grandma always said I could be the next one they get. The tattoo was what actually reminded me of the tribe. Grandma always said if there was any tattoo on a vampyre that was not on their forehead, they were a Tracker. But there was something else she told me about tattoos. If they were anywhere else but the vampyre was not a Tracker that means it's a very special vampyre that was blessed by Nyx. Nyx, the Goddess of Night and the vampyres and fledglings.

The vampyre started walking again. He stopped right in front of me. "I sense you are... Evan Fong?" He said in a very mature voice. "Yes... yes, I am." I shuttered. "Okay." He said and touched my forehead. I fell down right onto my book bag. I couldn't stand and my chest hurt. I started coughing and my head hurt. My vision was blurry but I could tell that the Tracker was walking away. I looked down and noticed there was blood on the ground. Am I already rejecting the Change? I thought. Was I already going to die? The Change is very effective on young fledglings so if you can't survive through the Change and turn into a vampyre there's probably no way I'm gonna do it. I sighed and tried my best to stand up. "Fuck." I mumbled when pain shot through my head again. "I have to get to Grandma's or at least Mom's." I said aloud. When I grabbed my book bag it felt like a thousand pounds. I dropped it and just said, "Fuck it." I started walking. I felt like I was playing Grand Theft Auto V. Where everything is fuzzy and it's hard to walk straight when you're wasted as fuck. I lived right down the street. I had to get to Mom's first.

Going down the street felt more like going down a tumbling hill in hell. Once I barged into door, I fell down. "Evan dear? Are you home?" I heard my mother's sweet voice. "Grandma visited today and said she felt a weird feeling for you in her Chukchi senses. Are you al-EVAN!" She stopped mid sentence and picked me up. "Oh dear god, how in the hell am I going to tell your father this." "What is it Mom?" I slurred. "Evan... you've been Marked sweetie." "Oh..." I tried to process that through my head. "Marked." I said out loud. "Yes, Marked sweetie. That means you're a fledgling and you're going to the House of Night. A school for fledglings and vampyres. Alright?" "Okay." "Now you need to rest while I call your grandmother."

My mom helped my to my bed. I fell down and looked out the window. In the reflection I saw something, no someone beautiful. I noticed it wasn't in the window. It was inside my room. I turned around to be greeted by a very beautiful and glowing woman. She looked better than the graphics in half the video games I played. "Evan, sweetie?" "Yes, who are you?" The woman smiled at my curiousness. "I am Nyx, you're new Goddess. I am the Goddess of night, which is why I use the crescent moon as my sign and the Goddess and caretaker of all vampyres and fledglings." "Wait so isn't it really special that I'm actually meeting you?" The Goddess laughed. "Oh Evan, you are special. All my children are special, but you, you are going to actually change the world of vampyres and fledglings." Nyx walked over to me and traced her glowing finger over my forehead. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Just take one foot at a time my son." "Well how should I start with one foot?" "Look into the mirror first my son." I nodded and got up off my bed. "Wait Evan, you need to rest." The Goddess hugged me. She pulled away and then totally not expecting it. She slapped me.

Everything was back to normal. I was in my bed and it was now dark out. "Huh, I actually slept." I looked at my clock. It was 6:30. I shrugged it off and walked to my mirror. I gasped to what I saw. I moved my hand slowly to my forehead. I traced the mark that was there. It was the crescent moon, but filled in. Then there was a few beautiful marks coming from each side of the crescent moon. Even though it was all the same color, I could tell they were owl feathers. I laughed. "Wow, just like my character on GMOD and GTA." I put my hand down. "Shit, wait! Did I already go through the Change? There's no way!" I started panicking until my door opened. "Evan, darling." It was Grandma. "Oh dear." My mom said behind her. "His mark changed." "Yes it has darling. I think he had a little visit from someone." "Nyx?" "Yes, Evan must have been blessed by Nyx." "Mom, what do you mean?" "Susan, your Evan is a very special fledgling." "Good, so I haven't gone through the Change yet?" "No Evan dear." Grandma said as she hugged me. "How are you?" "Very different Grandma." "You will feel different. Even feeling different you still have to pack your bags for school." "What?" Both my mom and I said at the same time. "I'm taking you to the House of Night as soon as possible. A fledgling will die without any vampyres around. So I'm taking you tonight. Your mentor is even ready and you know Evan, vampyres and fledglings all have a different sleep and school schedule right?" "Yes Grandma." "Alright sweetie get packed up while I bake some cookies!" My grandma tried calming down my mom as they walked out of my room and to the kitchen.

I started packing my clothes. I took out half of my closet. Now I needed to figure out how to take YouTube with me. I sat down heavily on my bed thinking. Maybe I should just bring my laptop for now. I can just record GMOD from time to time and post it. I stretched and grabbed all my things for my laptop. Then a thought hit me. "Grandma!" "Yes darling!" "Do I get to pick my room at the House of Night?" "Nope! They already gotcha set up with someone and don't worry, your mentor says he is also a gamer!" I rolled my eyes and sat down in my desk chair. I spun around and looked at my half empty room. I took down some posters and books. I grabbed my phone charger and my headphones.

"I love you honey. And I want you to call home as much as you can." "Alright Mom." I said as she kissed me once again. "Take care Evan, I'll miss you." I hugged Mom one last time and then we were off to the car.

"So you feeling excited?" Grandma asked. "No, but very nervous." I said with a fake smile. Grandma pulled the car into a dark parking lot. A parking lot in front of an old building that looked like a very old castle from Shrek or Rapunzel. "Are you sure we're in the right place?" I asked Grandma. "Yes honey, I'm positive." My grandma got out and grabbed some of my junk. We walked all of it past the huge gates in front of the school. There were also huge walls going around it. We walked all the way to the entrance to were a figure was standing. As we got closer I could tell he had brown hair that looked like Superman's and dark green eyes. He had on circular glasses and a black coat over a suit that male teachers usually wear. "Ah, Evan Fong. Welcome to the House of Night!"

**********************

Hehe. How do you guys like it so far? I've had this idea for a very long time and like BAM! Now I'm writing it and I'm excited. I hope you guys like it. Because it's gonna get pretty fucking gory xD DUN DUN DUN. Peace out mah shippas. :D