Chapter Thirty Six

Evan

I woke up hearing someone's sobs. I slowly opened my eyes to see Jon crying in his hospital bed. "Johnny, what's wrong?" My hoarse voice asks. "Brock's rejecting the Change." He mumbles as more tears slip down his face. A small burn hits me in the back. I wince at the feeling. Jon see's my face and is instantly beside me. "What's wrong?" "My back burns." I said and sat up off the bed. "It's probably from your newer tattoos." I gasped when Jon's cold hand went over my upper back. I met his gaze, biting his lips, his blue eyes stared into my brown ones. His cold pale hands still running over my tan skin. I trembled under his touch. Even dating for like a week I still get the butterflies and blush by every little action he does. He lightly caressed my chin, and for an instant no bull shit was going on, Brock wasn't rejecting the Change, Craig wasn't shot by a dark tendril, and Luke wasn't evil and there was world peace. Jon lightly, but passionately kissed me. He smirked when he hand continued down my back. I lightly yelped as he grabbed my bare ass. Jon hopped on the bed with me and pinned me down. I trembled as he untied the string holding my gown around my body. Once he untied it, he played with my neck, he bit me opened and made me beg. He made all my stress go away as we made love under the sheets.

We didn't get far with our fun as there was a knock at our door. Jon got up as I tied my gown. Jon opened the door to let Nurse Bailey in, someone else behind her. Jon's face instantly lit up. "BROCK!" He yelled and wrapped his arms around the red faced, dirty blond. I got up off my bed and joined the hug. Nurse Bailey was called out into another room, so it was just Brock, Jon and I. "Did the circle make you go through the Change?" Jon asked. "I think it did." He smiled as I gawked at his tattoo. His filled in blue crescent with little leaf vines coming from each side and going down his face. "That's amazing." I finally said. Brock turned to me and gasped. "Are you doing alright Evan?" He asked. I looked at him weird. "What do you mean-" "You cast a whole circle to kill Nelson! Out of all of us you used the most power! You were screaming in a ball of light." Brock crossed his arms and looked at me. "Wonder why you didn't Change." Jon was weirdly quiet. "Maybe its because we aren't finished fighting..." Jon said out of the blue. Brock's eyes widened, "Jon might be right." I looked at both of them. "It's the Goddess's warning."

Bailey

I was called into another room, leaving the lovebirds and Brock alone. I ran to the room I was called to. I opened the door to find David awake, but coughing blood. I helped the scrambling doctors. 'just don't tell Evan Fong or any of his other friends about this." I warned the doctors. If they wanted to save David, they needed the least amount of people in the room, and raging friends wouldn't help that. David screams in pain as we instantly cover it up. I step back, hoping none of the guys heard that.

Jonathan

"I'm gonna go see Luce." Brock said. I nudged him in the arm. "Oh really?" His face turned red and he punched me in the arm. "Ooooo. Is Brocky Poo in love?" Evan joked. We all laughed as Brock walked to the door. "See ya guys." "See ya Brock!" We both shouted. After he shut the door it was just Evan and I. "I need to tell you something." I grabbed his hands, "well more of, show you something." Evan nodded, his full attention to me. I grabbed his hand and thought about my music affinity Nephthys told me I had. He gasped as All of Me by John Legend started playing. We were both suddenly on stage. Both in suits. Evan had guy liner on. He looked so hot, just like Magnus Bane on "The Shadowhunters". I laughed at my thought as my fingers flowed over the piano. Evan was by my side, his hands flowing over the piano as well. He was smiling. Really fucking smiling. Then he started crying. A good crying, tears of joy. I stood up off the piano, the song still playing. I grabbed his hands and spun him around. Our laughing filling the peace on the stage. I pulled him close and started slow dancing. Our foreheads touching. His cheeks were a bright red, mine feeling really warm as we spun around slowly.

Glowing lights appeared here and there. Little spirits jumping and singing. Evan giggled at the little things. His giggle made me laugh as we danced with the little spirits. The song slowly ended and Evan and I shared a quick kiss, which shattered and brought us back to the shitty reality we lived in. Evan's brown eyes slowly met my blue ones. He started crying, "You have an affinity for music too?" I nodded. "Jonathan... that made me the happiest fledgling on Earth." He smiled through his tears and wrapped his arms around me and brought me closer for a passionate kiss. He pulled away and rested our foreheads together. "I love you Jonathan Dennis." He whispered. "I love you Evan Fong." I whispered back, a few tears escaping.

Brock

I went back to the girls' dorms, looking for Luce. I reached her room and knocked on the door. "Luce? It's Brock." I heard a muffled, "Come in." I walked in and saw Luce on the bed, her hair dirty blond hair everywhere. Her eyes had gigantic circles around them. I ran over to her, "Luce why are you looking like this, are you okay?" Luce slowly turned to me. All color completely gone form her eyes. "Luce? Luce what's wrong?" She didn't answer, she just turned to the window. "Luce!?" She grabbed me and quickly pecked me on the cheek. She stood up and grabbed something off of her dresser. "Luce what are you doing?" She turned around, tears streaming down her face. "You guys killed Nelson, that's great. But you forgot someone else..." She sobbed. "Who Luce?" I worried. She stared me down. "Luke..."

*****************