Chapter Thirty Five

Evan

Pain surged through me as I yelled the spell at Nelson. I could feel the power radiating off of me. Everything was quiet, but Nelson's screams. I was a bright ball of light, connected by four other little lights. It had to be Lui, David, Jon and Brock. From all the light and power, I fell, I also felt more powerful, I felt stronger, I was feeling a lot actually. After Nelson was a pile of nothingness, I collapsed. I felt someone touch me right before everything went black. 

Lui

My eyes slowly opened, revealing a nurses's room. Nurse Bailey walked in. She gave me a warm smile, "You're the first one up." She handed me a cup of water. After I chugged it down I gave her a weird look. "What do you mean?" She laughed and sat down at the end of my bed, "Do I got a story for you." She turned and met my gaze. "You and your whole circle destroyed Nelson. I guess you all used so much power that it knocked all you guys out. Out of the five of you, you're the first one up." She smiled, I couldn't keep the grin from coming across my face. "Wholey shit! We killed Nelson!?" I literately jumped off my bed and started dancing. Bailey giggled as she got up and started dancing as weirdly as I was. "That's amazing!" I shouted and continued dancing. Unfortunately I haven't forgot about the person that gave his life for us. I looked at Bailey, "How's Tyler holding up?" She stopped dancing and frowned, "He hasn't come out of his room since then..." I instantly grabbed my clothes and threw them on, running out of the room. "Lui wait!" Bailey yelled, running out of the small room. I ignored her and ran right to the boys's dorms, running right to Tyler and Craigs' room. 

I barged in without knocking, finding Tyler in the corner of Craig's bed, rocking back and forth. He stopped rocking and glared at me. "Why the hell didn't you knock?" He asked, his voice scratchy from the crying. "Tyler I just wanted to-" "Leave me the fuck alone." He snapped. "But-" "Lui!" He snapped again. I slowly backed out. "I just wanted to know if you were alright..." I mumbled, shutting the door. I heard Tyler continue crying, then he screamed in pain. I barged in again. "TYLER!" "MY SIDES!" He screamed, flopping on the bed, holding his sides. His breathing was heavy and hoarse. "Ach... my chest." He huffed. "What the hell-" Then it hit me, the thought... so fucking hard. His Imprint with Craig was finally breaking. Tyler started gurgling on his own blood. "Fuck Tyler! I don't know what to do!" I started crying as my friend was slowly being tortured in my arms. 

"Air. Come to me. Soothe Tyler." A little breeze messed up Tyler's hair. He smiled and his gurgling stopped. He slowly fell asleep in my arms. I whispered one last thing to him before he fell asleep, "Craig's gonna have a wonderful funeral pyre. I promise you Tyler."

Jonathan

I woke up feeling like I was hit by a truck. I groaned as I opened my eyes. I was in a room I recognized but it was different. It was bigger, a bigger infirmary room. I looked to my right to see Evan in a bed, still asleep. What the hell happened to us? I groaned again as a pain went through my head. The door opened and Nurse Bailey walked in. "Jonathan! You're the second one up." She greeted me with a smile. "What do you mean?" She laughed at my question. "Lui asked the same question." I just stared at her until she continued. "Anyway, you all destroyed Nelson. Well, you, Brock, David, Lui and Evan. I think with how much power you all used to kill Nelson is how you all just collapsed. And Evan was the one to use the most power." The nurse finished, turning to look at a very pale Evan. "Wait, he was glowing before we passed out." I said and threw the blankets off my body. "Jon-" "No I need to see what happened." I walked over to Evan, the IV still connected to me. 

His jet black hair was everywhere and his face was so pale, actually his whole body was. I caressed his face and started tracing his tattoos. My finger lightly glided from his crescent to the feathers, to the spirals and the weird patterns down his neck. As I met the top of the hospital gown he was wearing, I gave Bailey a look. She nodded in understanding and left. 

I continued down the hospital gown, slowly pulling it off of Evan. I kept following the pattern he had. The pattern stopped at the bottom of his first ab. No... it continued. It did a little curve and went under his right arm. Then is went down his back. I traced that new mark, it was warm with it being so recent. I fixed the gown and stayed on his bed. Caressing his arm. I held my breath and listened to the little 'bu-dumps' of his strong heartbeat. I smiled and snuggled up against him in the white bed. 

I thought for a bit, seriously thought, did Lui feel powerful too? After pretty much killing Nelson I felt like a god. I felt like my water element was stronger than ever. Just imagine how powerful Evan will be. I smiled and looked up at the Asian I fell for. The very first day I met him, when we laughed back and forth, laughing at each other's laugh. I loved him even more when he held me in his arms as I died. At that moment I wanted to take my bloody hands and wrap them around his neck and kiss him hard. But I couldn't, I didn't think he felt the same. When his soul shattered and I saved him, bringing himself back together. When we confessed our love, when we pretty much made out on Nyx's world. My train of thought crashed when I heard shuffling and running around. I got up off of Evan and went to the door. I couldn't make it all the way because of the IV. I ripped it out and walked out. 

Nurses were running everywhere, back and forth. Bailey was one of them. She met my gaze and frowned. "Bailey whats going on?" I asked as she ran to the room across from me. When another nurse opened it I gasped, nearly falling to my knees. Brock was in there, blood all over himself. It was pooling out of his eyes, ears, nose and mouth. "BROCK!" I nearly screeched and tried getting in. Four out of the ten nurses pulled me back into my room. The door was still opened, I could still see Brock. He met my gaze and weakly smiled. He started coughing again, blood sputtering everywhere. I cried out his name and ran to him, but the door shut and I was put back into my bed. Sobbing, knowing my best friend was rejecting the Change. We lost Luke, Craig, and now Brock... 

***************