Chapter 18

Selina POV:

"Don't! We have to go to Stark towers! We'll be late!" Carter yelled. "Not until I find Mailik!" I opened every door I went by. Carter grunted. Something wrapped around both of my legs and made me fall. It was Carter's whip. He was pulling me. "Carter! Stop right now!" I yelled. "We can't be late!" Carter yelled dragging me around a corner.

I stayed quite while Carter dragged me all the way to Stark Towers. Carter undid my legs and I tried to punch his throat and he caught my fist. "You always do the same moves." Carted said.

I jerked my fist away from him. " I really do hate you sometimes." "So, you really love me too?" Carter asked smiling. " Uh, no." I walked around and it had the same party decorations. "Hey, your finally here! We've been waiting." Stark said drinking. "I had tot drag her here." Carter said.  

I hit him in the stomach. "Is Mailik here?" I asked looking around. "I haven't seen him." Stark said walking away. I started looking for Malilk again. Someone blew a loud whistle. " Everyone sing happy birthday to Selina!" Carter yelled standing on a table.

People started singing and Carter jumped off the table and sneaked out.

Where was he going?

I started following him and Liz grabbed me and started singing in my face. I laughed and tried to see if I could see Carter. He was gone. Loud music started playing and Liz and I started dancing.

After a few fun hours everyone was parting like no tomorrow. I thought I saw Mailik a few times but it wasn't him. " How do you like the party?" Carter asked leaning on me. "It's awesome." I said dancing. "Sorry to give you bad news but, your a horrible dancer." Carter said laughing at me. "Oh really? You dance!" I yelled still dancing. "Dance? Me? I only slow dance." I laughed. "You got to be kidding me, you? Slow dance?" I asked. "I could show you, if the song ways slow, and I had a partner." Carter said walking around me. "I know your trying to make me dance with you. I'm not dumb." I said. "How about that could be my reward for all of this, one, slow, dance." Carter said. " Sorry, I don't slow dance." I said pushing Carter away from me. "Come on, please." Carter said. My mouth fell open. "Did...you just say please?" I said slightly above a whisper. Carter rubbed the back of his neck. " Guess I did."

"Okay, one slow dance. This is probably the last time you'll say please." I said quickly. Carter ran to the DJ and whispered something to him. The DJ nodded and changed the song to something slow.

Mailik POV:

Carter changed the lock to something stronger. I also shot him, but he healed.

I shot the lock. The bullet bounced off and almost hit me.

Carter is beyond dead now.

If I had a lock pick. Or even a bobby pin I could try to open it.

The room door opened slightly and Helen's head peeked in. " Helen!" I said happy to see her. Helen made a 'Oh, now you need me.' smile. "Hey, need a little help?" Helen asked looking at the lock. "Yes, can you pick or break it?" I asked. " I'll see what I can do." Helen bent down and started fiddling with the lock. "This is so easy to pick!" Helen picked it and the lock fell to the ground. "Thank you!" I hugged Helen and ran by her and out of Shield.

What will I get Selina for a present?

I sighed and put my hands on my head.

What would she want?

I idea popped in my head. I went to the closest store a bought the first movie I saw.

This is probably the worst boyfriend gift ever... I don't think she even knows what dvd's are. ..

I started running to Stark Towers and Helen grabbed my arm. "You need a ride?" Helen asked showing a Shield vehicle. " Yes please." I said jumping into the car.

Selina POV:

I was slow dancing with Carter. It was awkward for the longest then it started getting super romantic...

" This is nice, don't you think? Carter whispered in my ear. "This is the longest song ever." I whispered back. "That's why I picked it." Carter said laughing a little. I smiled.

We danced some more and Carter dipped me...I know where this is going.Where the hell is my dad when you need him?

Carter lifted me back up. "You thought I was going to kiss you." Carter said smiling. "No I didn't." I said quickly. "If you wanted me to, you just had to ask." Carter whispered in my ear. "Trust me, I won't." I said.

We danced in silence for a few minutes and it got awkward for the longest time.

Someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and it was Mailik. " Mailik!" I jumped on Mailik and hugged him tightly. Carter looked calm. "Hey, Selina. Happy Birthday." Mailik put me down and gave me a bag. It had a case in it.I took the case out and looked at it. I bet I looked like a caveman looking at fire. "It's the Breakfast Club."

I smiled and hugged him. " Thank you! I don't even know what it is!" I tried to say happily. Mailik hugged me back. " I'll show you how to watch it.Do you mind if I talk to Carter, in private?" Mailik asked. "You just got here! Hang out with me!" I whinned.

"You just turned into the annoying pouplar girl." Carter said behind me. "Oh shut up!" I yelled. "Mailik, you have to agree, sometimes she dose act a little poupular.Like, oh my god! My nails!" Carter said in a high voice.

"Shut up!" I kicked Carter. Carter looked at me dumbfounded. " Was that suppose to hurt?" Carter asked scoffing. Mailik grabbed Carter's collar. "Selina, I'll be back." Mailik kissed my forehead and walked down the hall dragging Carter behind him.

They both left me...

Liz grabbed me from behind and started dancing horribly with me.

Carter POV:

Mailik was dragging me behind him. I just let him drag me. " If your planning to kill me, you can't." I said. "I can still hurt you though." Mailik said dragging me around a corner and stopping. " I'll heal." I said getting up. Mailik punched me breaking my nose. My nose healed with a burning sensation. I shrugged. Mailik punched me multiple times in the face re breaking my nose. "Stop!!" A high voice shrieked. Mailik stopped. " I can explain." Mailik said quickly.

I started crying like I was really hurt. " Oh, shut Carter! Heal in quite!" Selina yelled at me. I blinked a few times.

There was a long silence and Selina looked mad enough to kill someone. Mailik was giving the best 'I can explain everything' look I ever seen. 

******* 

A/N: Updated! *Throws fans...um... Shield Uniforms!!!*