Chapter 20

Mailik POV:

I walked up to 32B the door was barley on the hinges.

"Hello?" I said loudly walking in. There was a loud thud as if someone fell and a door down the hall opened revealing Carter in a T shirt and some underwear.He has a lipstick stain on his neck. "Uh hey, what are you doing here?" Carter said a leaning on the door frame. " Is Selina here?" I asked. "Who? Oh! Selina, she's... uh.." Carter looked behind him. I arched my eyebrow. I walked closer and put his hand out. "Don't! I mean uh, don't, my room's a mess.I don't want you to get cut on broken glass or anything. " Carter said.

I tried to look over Carter to see into his room but Carter stood in front of me blocking my view like a brick wall. "So! How did you get here?" Carter asked pushing me back into the living room. "A woman named Ophelia showed me the way." I said still trying to see into his room. Carter stopped and stared into my eyes. "Ophelia? Did you say Opheila?" Carter asked.

"Yes." "S-she abandoned me.." Carter looked like he was about to cry. "Carter are you okay?" I asked. Carter let out a shaky breath. "Do I look okay to you?" Carter asked cocky. "Not at all." I said. Carter's bedroom door squeaked open slowly. "So Mailik! Your still here!" Carter yelled and the bedroom door slammed shut.

I looked at Carter in suspicion. "Who's in your bedroom?" I asked. "Oh, just my neighbor.No big deal." Carter said. "Have you by any chance seen a fridge around here?" Carter said moving some broke glass. "I saw one coming here." I said. "Sweet! Thanks." Carter said. "So Carter, are you actually quitting?" I asked to start a conversation. "I not, I had a major mind change." Carter said proudly. " Nice," I said not really caring. " Were is Selina anyway?" I asked. Carter shrugged. "She's in the bedroom,isn't she?" I said flatly. Carter laughed. "She's NOT in the bedroom!" Carter said yelling not. I started walking to the bedroom." Go ahead and check!" Carter yelled.

Carter POV:

I have to thank Maia later.

Mailik walked down the hall. I quickly moved the blanket Selina was under. Surprisingly, Mailik didn't notice it. "Go!" Whispered to Selina. Selina ran out. Mailik closed the door and walked back through the hall. "See, not here." I said confidently. Mailik held up a lip stick tube. "She was here." Mailik said glaring me. "That could be any girls!" I said. Mailik showed me the bottom,it had Selina's name with a heart. "Do you know more than one Selina?" Mailik pocketed the tube. "Actually I do, but it's a dog." I said remembered Kayden and Carson's bulldog Selena.

Mailik started walking to the door. " I got my eyes on you." Mailik did the two finger movement and walked out the door slamming hard enough to break it.

Another thing I'll have to fix.

Selina POV:

What have I done? I'm so so sorry Mailik.

I went straight to Shield and locked myself in my room and slid slowly down the back of my door."Someome's been naughty." A voice said. I looked up to see Loki looming over me. "Don't lecture me." I said venomously. "Oh," Loki knelt down to my eye level. "Freedom is like's great lie,once you accept that,in your heart,you will know peace." Loki said in a teaching voice.I rolled my eyes. "This is really getting to you isn't it." "Why would it not be?! I love Mailik-" "And you also love Carter." Loki said in a matter o fact tone. "I do not!" I said gasping. "Why did you bed him then?" Loki asked. I opened my mouth to say something but I closed it and sat back. Loki smirked."Nothing to say I see,what will Mailik think when he finds out?" Loki said making his words get into my head."He'll understand.I know he will." I said quietly. "Are you sure? He's been ever so fateful and you have not." Loki said. "Have you ever been fateful to someone?" I snapped. "I have, then all of them always bed Thor forgetting about me." Loki said sighing. "Aw, that's sad." I said pitying Loki. Loki rolled his eyes."You mortals and your pity." Loki murmured. I scoffed. "Well sorry! I was trying to be nice." I said. "Nice? To me?" Loki asked almost laughing. "I'm the god,of Mischief.I'm not someone to be nice to." Loki said standing up and walking over to my bed and sitting on it. "Fine,I won't be nice.Asshole." I said trying to sound like my dad. "That's the best you came up with? Asshole?" Loki said with a disgusted face. "Fine.Monster,runt,stolen relic.Useless." I said in Loki's face. Loki expression was mixed between anger and sadness.