Chapter 22

Carter POV:

"M-mom?" I stuttered out. My mom looked at me. "You are?" My mom asked squinting her eyes at me. "Carter,your son." I said heartbroken.Had she actually forgotten me? "Oh, Carter! I remember you know.Come give mommy a hug!" She opened her arms. "No." "Excuse me?" "Your a villain.I don't hug villains." She flipped her hair. "I see," She looked at Selina. "Who's the bloodthirsty cunt you brought along with you?" "T-" "I'm not a cunt!" Selina yelled bringing out a gun. "A gun? That's all you kept?" She spit on the gun making it melt away like acid. Selina dropped it quickly. "Your here for you teammate,am I right?" She asked walking back to seat. "That's right.Were is he?" Selina asked. "Somewhere I don't know." My mom said shrugging. "Tell me." Selina said yelling. "Yelling isn't the solution for everything girl." "Throat punching doesn't solve anything either." I murmured loud enough for Selina to hear."Making remarks doesn't solve arguing either." Selina said.

"Actually, i-" "You two are truly irritating." my mom said. "Your not all nice either.Tell me were Mailik is." "Oh, I killed him a while ago." "What?!" Selina said almost falling to her knees. "Do you need a hearing aid dear? I said I killed him a while ago. Do you really think that I would actually think, i would spare someone that killed many of my men?" She asked raising her voice. She reached under her chair and brought out a whip.

Well, I see where I get my skills from.

"You will pay, you will both pay for killing my men."My mom walked forward and tried to whip Selina in the face. I quickly stepped in front of Selina and took the lash to the chest. "Carter, move out of the way." My mom yelled at me cracking her whip. "I'm not moving. I love Selina, and I would never allow her to get hurt. I will follow that rule till I die." "Till you die? Honey, that day must be today. I enjoyed our little reunion,sorry to cut it short!" My mom whipped her whip and it wrapped around my throat and she slung me across the room. "Listen to your mother!" She yelled at me.

Selina POV:

Carter's mom looked at me and squinted her eyes. She walked towards me very quickly. I raised my staff prepared for whatever she was about to do.She grabbed my staff out of my hands and threw it the same direction she threw Carter. The staff flew and hit him in the face knocking him out. She grabbed my by the throat and picked me a large amount of feet off the ground. "I wonder what sound your neck will make when I snap it,or will it even make a sound?" I was doing my best to make sure I stay strong and down break down. " If you kill me,which you won't. You'll have all of Shield after you,would you really want that type of attention?" I said.

"It won't matter, I'll kill them as well. Especially that, father of yours." She smiled. I began to try to reach her. "You can't kill my dad!" I yelled. "Honey, that's what every child thinks about their parents." Carter cocked a gun behind his mom's head. " I don't think that, I think I could kill you easily, maybe with one bullet.Then about five more,just to make sure." Carter said cocky. " You wouldn't kill your own mother would you?" "I would. You abandoned me remember?" Carter said. "I abandoned you because you were weak, to nice. I decided to leave you alone for a few years,get you stronger." "If you put me juvenile detention, I would've had a better life than I had. The only friend I had back then was Maia." She scoffed. "That stripper? I told you stay away from her." Carter's mom said. "She cared about me more than you at least!" Carter yelled in return. She scoffed. "I'm your mother." "I don't care if your my mother.I will kill you,with no regrets. " Carter said pushing the gun to her head. "If your going to kill me,kill me already." She said turning around swiftly and putting the gun to the front of her head. Carter did pull the trigger he was frozen the gun was shaking in his hand. "You can't do it can you?" She said clasping her hands over her heart. "That's so..., weak.Your still useless,after all these years." She Yelled. Carter stood up straighter after she said that. "I am not weak." Carter shot his mom in the head head numerous times.Her body fell to the ground. "Little bit of overkill don't you think?" I said softly. "Nah." Carter reloaded the gun and shot her a few more times. "Just to make sure the bitch is dead." Carter shot her one more time. "Carter,she's dead." I said taking the gun from him."Stop wasting bullets." I said. Carter smiled. "Your right,don't waste bullets.Can I borrow your staff? I have years of anger inside me and I need to bring it out." Carter said jumping around. I found my staff and gave it to him."Here,knock yourself out." I tossed it to him. "I'll go try to find Mailik." I said turning a corner precociously. No one was there. I looked around for about an good hour. No Mailik found. "Mailik!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I stayed silent to try to hear a reply.