Chapter 1

Sequel to "Dreaming out Loud" || READ THAT BOOK FIRST!!

*one year later*

I wake up to my dreaded school alarm. I have to get up at 6:00 am now because I go to a public school. Yes, Weston convinced me to go to his school last year, since my mom got a new job here and has to work all day 24/7.

It's been one year since I went to the m&g to see Weston, Mark, Blake, Hunter, and Jacob, and they stayed at my house. A lot has changed over that year... I've gotten bigger on Younow, over 100k supporters!

The only thing that has changed dramatically is that Weston and I have drifted further apart ever since a new girl came to school. Weston and I used to do everything together but when she came, everything changed... Even him. The girl is Amanda and she is the most popular girl in school.

She has long brown hair and blue eyes. She is extremely skinny and is perfect in every way... No wonder Weston likes her over me...

I hated her, she has always been mean to me and bullied me ever since she figured out that Weston and I used to go out. And what does Weston do about that? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

*beep beep*

Ughh, I thought I turned that thing off!! I reach over and hit my alarm really hard. Maybe that will make it stop. It does.

I do not want to go to school, but I have no choice. I get up and walk over to my closet. I pick out some skinny jeans, a sweatshirt that was in the very back of my closet underneath a pile of clothes , and my red converses.

I take my clothes and walk over to my bathroom. Before I get in the shower I play the song Stitches by Shawn Mendes, and then hop into the shower.

And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches,
tripping over myself. Aching,
begging you to come help.
And now that I'm without your kisses,
I'll be needing stitches.

I sang the song loud and proud. Not going to lie, I always thought of myself as a good singer. It's just never had the courage to sing in front of anyone.

20 minutes later, I get out of the shower. I put on my clothes and shoes, then brush my teeth and hair. I look in the mirror trying to decide what to do with my hair today.

I decide to put my long dirty blonde hair into a ponytail. I look into the mirror again, I guess this will be okay for school.

Then I realized something as I was looking in my mirror. I looked down at my sweatshirt... It has "DuhitzMark and chill" on it.

I smile to myself, it still fits. I miss him so much. I walk out of my bathroom to my room and grab my phone and books and walk downstairs.

I walk over to the kitchen, there was a note on the fridge.

Hey baby, I'm so sorry but work called early this morning and I had to leave. There is toast on the oven if you are hungry. Have a great day at school! Love, Mom<3

Figures, she's never home. It's just like she old job except she is home at night. But very late. I sigh and walk over to the oven where the toast is.

I grab a plate and put the toast on it and then sit at the table. While I was eating I get a text from someone who hasn't texted me in months. Weston. I wonder what he wants?

Weston😔💔: Hey lex... If you don't know who this is, it's Weston. Do you want to walk to school with me today?

I answer immediately.

Me: Sure...

Weston😔💔: Great! I'm outside! See you then ;)

I don't text back. I wonder why he wants to talk to me now, after everything that has happened... I don't think about it long, I'm just happy he texted me.

I get up and put my plate in the sink, grab my books and phone, then walk over to my door. Before I leave I look out of my window. I see a smiling Weston, wow he has changed a lot.

I smile really big. I get butterflies in my stomach, oh did I mention that I still really like, well love, Weston? I look away from the window and walk over to my door and grab the doorknob.

I twist it and pull it open and walk out, locking it behind me. Weston hasn't noticed me yet, so I decide to scare him.

I walk over to him very quietly and when I get really close to his ear I yell "BOO". He screams like a girl and turns around. I'm laughing so hard while he looks like he has just seen a ghost.

"Lex! Don't ever do that to me again!" He says trying to catch his breath. I laugh. "Sorry, it was just the best opportunity. I couldn't pass it up" I say.

"Still the same old Lexi" he says laughing now. "Yep. I couldn't say the same thing for you though..." I say as my voice trails off.

He stops laughing and looks at me concerned. "What do you mean?" He asks. I sigh. "I mean, that ever since all of the boys left last year and we started growing closer we were fine... Until Amanda came into the picture. She ruined everything between us... And you stopped talking to me and we drifted apart... I miss us..." I say.

He walks up to me. "I miss us too. That's why I came to do this" he says just before his lips crash into mine.

It felt perfect. I missed this so much. He pulls away and takes my hand. "We better get going, or we are going to be late." He says.

I sigh, and nod my head. Then we start walking to school, hand in hand. I'm so happy about this. I'm happy that things are going to go back to normal. We start talking as we walk, it's like we never did stop talking. Everything was perfect.

But then I realize something... What will Amanda do? Oh no, she is just going to bully me more now.. How am I going to deal with it?

I immediately stop thinking about my problems and Weston and I continue to walk to school hand in hand. I guess I'm just Back in Reality....

(A/N: AHH so what did you guys think of this chapter? I am so excited for what is to come in this book! New chapter tomorrow? Loves you all sm, bye cutiess💜)