Chapter 22- Life in Color

Ryan's P.O.V

It's been almost four days since I lost my voice but I feel completely better now. The tweets that my future wife and her new friend August showed me were really hurtful, but I'm not gonna let those comments get to me. I turn on my side and see Kim laying on her stomach sleeping. I can't imagine the life she's had.

I tucked the stray hairs away from her face and started touching the scar above her eyebrow. I swear if I ever see that guy again I think I'll kill him. I mean I'm not a violent guy but when she told me I just wanted to go back there and kick his ass.

She stirs a little and then continues sleeping. Suddenly, the blanket lowers revealing her tattoo written across her ribs under her bra.

"Everything that kills me makes me feel alive."

I wonder if she was in pain while she got this done since its on her ribs. I gotta say it looks sexy on her. I gently run my fingers through the black markings and she winces and opens her eyes.

"Hi."

"Hi, how long have you been staring at me?"

"For like two minutes, I can't sleep."

"Really? Why is that?"

"Just thinking about how you were actually there for me when I got sick."

"Oh? Genevieve never took care of you when you got sick?"

"She did at first, then I don't know she started acting different when I started recording for Native. I guess that was the time she started seeing Sean."

"Did it hurt?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Did what hurt?"

"When you got that tattooed." I pointed to her ribs.

"A little bit I've gotten used to the pain."

"Oh."

She starts to look for her phone but she can't find it.

"What time is it?" She asked me as she sat up on the bed.

I glanced at my watch. "About 2:30 I think. Why?"

"I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep again."

"Oh really? Maybe I can help you with that." I winked at her.

"Ryan, no I don't want anybody hearing anything." She scolded me.

"No, not that! I meant sing to you." I chuckled.

"Oh." She whispered feeling embarrassed.

I pulled her over my lap and started singing to her softly.

"I do my best , To find some kind of glow, I'm givin' it some heart and soul, now, From the darkest grays, The sun bursts, clouds break, Yeah, we see that fire

From the streets of Babylon

To the road that we've been on now, The kaleidoscope claims another

Whoa oh oh oh,Well this is life in color,Today feels like no other

And the darkest grays, The sun bursts, clouds break

Whoa oh oh oh, Well this is life in motion, And just when I could run this race no more, The sun bursts, clouds break

This is life in color"

Before I could sing the next verse, Kim cuts me off by singing.

"You've seen my worst ,Yet you see some hope in me, The black and white sets us free, Like the queen to the rook, Your decision is a sure thing, Honey yeah, a sure thing, No wonder I feel like I'm missing a heavy load