Chapter 2

Kim's P.O.V

I logged off Skype and went to book my flight for Hawaii. Wow it's almost a month since I last saw Ryan. I head into the bathroom, take a shower and got dressed into Ryan's batman t-shirt that I stole from him. I jumped in to bed and got under the covers. I kissed the medallion he gave me the day we said goodbye to each other and fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning at around 4:30 in the morning, I took a quick shower and got dressed in a white mode tank top that my roommate got me as a parting gift, red skinny jeans, black combat boots, and a leather jacket that zips up from the side. I tied my hair up into a loose bun. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I hear someone yell out from behind me.

"Your boyfriend is definitely rubbing off on you!"

I turn around and saw one of Usher's dancers who is also my roommate for the time being.

"You think?" I said as I looked at myself in the mirror as I applied some lip gloss.

"Umm yeah totally! Who else would wear red skinny jeans and combat boots?" She said as finished getting ready.

"Point taken Renee." I said putting on my eyeglasses.

We both got our suitcases and headed out into the hallway and into the elevator. I met Renee back home on The Voice. I mean I did pretty good in Australia but I'm going to be performing on national television where my parents will be watching. She's the head choreographer of the group so she takes her job pretty seriously.

My phone goes off and I see that it's a message from Zach.

"Hey Kim we just landed in Hawaii and I wanna do something for Ryan's birthday "

"Alright dude. I'll text you when I land alright?"

"Alright cool let me know so I can pick you up."

"Okay see ya later."

We get to the lobby and meet up with the other female dancers, Isabel and Jamie. "Hey girls are you ready to go?" Asked Jamie.

"Let's hit it!" Said Renee as we walked out of the hotel. As we hail a cab, I suddenly have a weird feeling that we're being followed. I turn around and I don't see anything. Hmm that's odd. We get into the cab and go to the airport.

I hold Ryan's medallion close to me and kiss it. I miss him so much. His smile, his laugh, his eyes, the way he kisses me. I start daydreaming about the time we went to Malibu and just talked... And then made love. It was incredible. Just thinking about it makes me bite my lip.

"Kim, what are you thinking about?" Asked Isabel snapping me from my reverie

"She's thinking about her boyfriend." Teased Renee, making me blush.

"You... Have a boyfriend?" They gasped in unison. Wow is it that hard to believe that I have a boyfriend? I mean I'm okay looking but these girls look like supermodels instead of dancers.

"Yeah I do." I said smiling at them as I pulled my phone out and showed him a photo of Ryan and I.

"Wow! He's really hot!" Said Jamie.

"Wait a minute. Is that... Is that Ryan Tedder?!?!" Exclaimed Isabel as she took a closer look at a picture of Ryan and I.

"Yeah. He is." I said giving them a smug look while mentally hugging myself.

"How exactly did you guys meet?" Asked Renee.

I spent the entire cab ride telling them my story and they all gushed.

"And today is his birthday and he also happens in Hawaii."

"Well, we have to give you a make over as soon as we land!"