Chapter 29- Marchin On/Welcome Home

"What?! What do you mean break up?! Why?" I asked in astonishment. I felt like the wind has been knocked out of me. No this can't be happening to me again. I started running my fingers through my hair.

"Ryan, I can't do this anymore. Your little ex girlfriend tried to kill me you just said it yourself." She said.

"She was never my girlfriend but I won't let her kill you! Ever, Kim! You know that!" I said. Oh, god I sound like I'm desperate. But I sorta am and I don't care.

"I don't wanna be in the way of anything and I've already almost gotten killed!" She said with a cough.

"Kim---I----I need you. I couldn't lose you so I helped you. Damn it, I CAN'T lose you! That's final!" I said, starting to yell.

I looked at Kim and saw a tear run down her face. She looked afraid. I rushed over to her and wiped it off.

"I really don't want to lose you Ryan, but I don't want to put your life in jeopardy because of me."

"Kim, please. Don't do this to me." I said softly. I pressed my forehead against hers, our faces were only inches apart. Then she unexpectedly leaned forward and gave me a soft kiss.

"You're right Ryan I'm sorry. What was I thinking?" She sighed. I didn't say anything. I was too shocked. WHAT just happened?

She leans forward gently presses her soft lips against mine and I kissed her back.

"Enough of the breaking up talk. We are not giving her or any of our enemies the benefit of seeing us apart. Baby we just gotta keep marching on." I said finally.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't say sorry." I said kissing her forehead.

"I love you Ryan."

"I love you too."

Suddenly, Brent and Amanda walk in and Amanda throws herself at Kimberly.

"Oh thank god you're alright sweetie!!" She cried.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go home and change. I promise I'll be right back. Brent uh can you drive me there since I left my car on the interstate." I rubbing the back of my head.

"Alright. I'll be back babe." Brent said kissing Amanda on the lips and we leave the hospital.

Kim's P.O.V

"It scares me how much I love Ryan. Even after what happened, he still doesn't want me to leave him." I said to Amanda as she held my hand.

"He's truly in love with you Kim think about it. Everything that happened with Paul he stayed with you. No other guy would do that so if that's not love, I don't know what is." She answered.

"Yeah, I guess your right. Whatever did happen to Paul anyways?"

"I don't know. Anyways do you know anything about this Jenna person?"

"No not really. He only mentioned her name and said that they were never dating but I'm gonna ask him when he comes back."

"Oh."

"So how's everything with you and Brent?"

"Everything is good hun. He's a really great guy. I never felt like this for any guy before." She smiles.

"That's great! Are those wedding bells I hear?" I giggled but then stopped because my ribs started hurting.

"No not yet. It's too early for that." She smiled.

I heard a knock on the door and saw Ryan dressed in red skinny jeans, white v-neck shirt, and Chuck Taylor's, his hair spiked up. Boy, he looks so hot.