Chapter 6

I began the journey to the bay at dusk, taking my pearl broach with me.

After leaving the obnoxious nursing home (my only option at a job), I swam quickly down the usual seaweed enclosed path I took to see John, the human.

I had drunk the invisibility serum that John had made in his lab (which only dulled my features making them hard to see in the dark blue abys) beforehand, of course.

These kind of precautions that I take in order to keep myself from being seen by the Guards have become so much a part of my life that it is now all a routine; a routine that could get me murdered as punishment for even coming near human land. But it is also a routine necessary in order to fulfill me and Johns plan, which is just so much more important my need to follow the Aquarian Customs.

I began my ascent to the top of the bay, the serum staring to ware off, and saw through the surface of the water to wear John was waiting in a cave. I lifted my head and called to him, letting him know where I was, and he waved.

I swam over quickly, eager to see him.

He came to the edge of the water and wrapped me in his arms, pulling me farther onto the rock but still knew the exact angle at which my gills needed to stay in the water in order to retain 'hydrogen', as he has explained millions of times.

In the cave, I can not catch Solaricis, as it is enclosed and the pollution that causes Solaricis is not sufficient enough not to harm me (just another boring fact that John had to teach me in even greater detail).

''How are you doing?" He asked me solemnly.

"I'm fine." I replied half heartedly.

"Have you had sufficient supply of the invisibility serum? I saw it waver when you where swimming." He said. "It was ok, besides, I have more now." I reminded him, as he handed me more bottles in a seaweed braided bag.

"Yes, but I want the proportions to be right for next time. I've learned my lesson from the last time I got propotions wrong at the lab I ended up with a of the pigment carotene in my face. '' He said seriously, making me laugh.

"Well you don't have to worry about me blasting some carrot pigments." I told him.

"No. But I feel like I have to many reasons to worry about you, because of this plan. I know this is  just simply to much." he admitted.

I tried to think of something to make myself and him feel better about it all, but this plan was more than a sacrifice, and there is no way to make the truth sound better.

"Yes, this is hard. Its hard to think about it every day, but you know I've been distancing myself from her; I'm not going to get any more attached, or else you would be right, and it would be to much for me to give up Marina. But even then, this has to be done for both of our species, and the plan has to follow through. I just feel like the more I wait for the right time to do it, the harder it will be. When will it be time, John?" I asked.

"Soon, once she has developed better skills with Seahorses, and she can ride them adequately. If what you said last time still holds to be true, and she is progressing quicker than most, than she will be ready once she has been assigned a Siren." He said.

I nodded my head in agreement.

He kissed me on the head, and we bid farewell.

As I took a swig from one of the invisibility bottles and swam away, I could think of one thing; Please, let this work, Poseidon, for the good of both worlds.

------------------------------------

Hey humans! Hope you like the book so far! Who do you think John is? What is it that you think him and Marina and Scarlett's mother are planning? If you wish, let me know in the comments!

-Meow, Katt12kitt