Chapter 17

After visiting Scarlett with grandmother, me and her went back to her house in a dreary state, both worried about Scarlett.
But we where determined to keep practicing for the search.
We had probably gone over it fifteen times, as I wanted it to be perfect, when I asked again-
"So, I must leave the house saying I am going to visit a friend, come here and take the vial, then enter myself and documents at the research document station, and wait with the team until its time to begin?"
"Yes, yes, Marina. You had already recalled what you must do." Grandmother said, obviously a lot less worried than me.
There was to days till the search, and I had never felt a feeling of apprehension so strong.
Mixed with that, the sense of determination to find the stone that hadn't been there 8 weeks ago.
"Do you have any other inquiries about the search?" Grandmother asked.
"No, I suppose I'm as ready, even if my Researcher skills aren't exactly that great." I said.
"You will do great." Grandmother assured me, patting my hand.
"Just remember to keep your possessions away from the others. It would not be good if they found the vials of transformation serum that are in there."  Grandmother warned.
                                  *
Me and Jack had finished up with Seahorse training, and where now swimming through the path that took is to the Medicinal court to go see Scarlett.
We spent time our together, knowing that we would soon  have to say goodbye.
Just not for the same reason that I have to go.
It was weird, talking to him had always come as naturally as swimming, but I had trouble trying to talk about not seeing him, as I had to actually pretend I wasn't leaving, he was.
"It's going to be hard, not being able to do this." I began.
"But it makes it worthwhile knowing that your going to be doing this to benefit the Aquarians, my sister included." I told him. He nodded.
"I just wish we could use technology like humans. It would allow us to keep in contact all the time, not needing to feel like you are so isolated." He admitted.
"It must have been much easier for them to interact, before they tsunamis." I agreed.
We had arrived to the trim and proper medical court, entered our names into the shell documents, and went to Scarlett's room, on the 2nd department, through the alcove.
She lay in bed, motionless and still, as usual.
Solaricis took a few days to recover consciousness from, but she should be recovering anytime-
She rustled to the side, and looked at us-
Well, apparently she had.
A nurse zoomed in when we entered and explained that she had woken up earlier today.
We told her we where just wanting to visit with her, and she left us to have some time alone.
"Scarlett! How are you feeling?" I asked .
"I'll be fine. It just sucks that I have to stay here." She said warily.
"Mom never told me what the humans did to her, do you know?" She asked, suddenly alert.
"She didn't tell you because it didn't happen, Scarlett. You where hallucinating." I explained.
But she still didn't believe me.
"It...it definitely didn't feel like it, seeing her holding hands with a human. I really think it was real. I feel like...she loved him. " Scarlett confessed.