Chapter 9

One of the researchers who where going to go on the search for the cure caught Solaricis.
I heard about it at school, from a friend who's father works at the researcher institution, helping the researchers whose duties include searching for valuable material, not the ones who actually research it.
The knowledge of it had been buzzing around in my head the whole day, and buy the time the large seashells chimed indicating the end of school, I knew I had to go visit grandmother.
I would never think of Grandmother to ever cause or inflict this to happen to an Aquarian (how could I? She's my grandmother) but I had the feeling that maybe this unfortunate turn of events is what Grandmother predicted would happen in order for me to join the team.
After all, I've been stressing about it to the point where I feel like any little thing could be the reason for me to start fulfilling my 'destiny' in order to help the Aquarians, and that if I don't, maybe the team won't be able to find the cure.
Besides, even if there was something that I needed to take action in, Grandmother would tell me. Especially considering how she and the greats said that I have a destiny to save the endangered species.
I believe them, because Grandmother is always very precise when she knows or believes something.
I just still don't believe I could be the only thing that would save the species, that heavy weight seems to impossible for one person, that one person being the one to face it.
Maybe I'm just an important factor, after all, the wheel of fate is made of many different things.
And yet I still feel an impeding
doom knowing that I am still involved in this enough that have to actually go through with this plan, but I still shouldn't worry about something happening to much.
Anyways, all that to say that even though I don't believe I'm a big one shot who is important in this, the greats do, so I know that even though I shouldn't stress to much, I do still have to check in with Grandmother.
As I swam quickly through the dense waters, I felt like someone was following me, so I peered around the bend in the path full of reeds, and saw nothing.
Obviously I'm still way to up right.
Grandmother had just started leaving her antique den when I saw her.
"Hello, Grandmother!" I called out to her.
"Oh, there you are, I was on my
way to retrieve you." She told me.
I nodded.
"I came to talk about what I heard happened to a merman on the research-
"Ah, you are a smart girl, as that is why I was going to find you...however, I think it's best we talk about that inside, just so we are not...overheard." She said, lowering her voice to a whisper at the end.
I followed her inside, leaving the ocean that was now being pelted on the surface tension with rain.
We sat down on the same corral bench.
"The man from the team who is ill was what I had seen in my moment, and it is entirely vital for your destiny that we act now."
She said apprehensively.
"How?" I asked.
"Now that the team is short a member,
they will obviously be seeking a replacement. With the help of the body transformation potion, (the one I had you fetch ingredients for last night) you will become a specific researcher, and will do an assessment to make sure your fit for the team before you join."
She said.
"Wait, how will you keep the actual person in mind that I will become from realizing that a duplicate of him is swimming around taking job promotions from him?" I asked appalled at the idea of him realizing that.
"I will be doing memory wipes and will take care of it, but it is not for you to fret about." She said.
"Your task is taking on the role of Milaskmeed Smith." She said, as if I was trying out for a theatre career.

"But how will I know the correct answers for the questions when the team leader does the assessment?" I asked, terrified of failing.
"Oh don't worry, I will review with you the information you need to know. Besides, the search team leader already announce that Milaksmead will be the replacement, just not to the public yet. It will be more like a final assessment." She explained.
"Now let's try this out, shall we?" She said.
Before I could fret any further, she gave me the vial holding the potion.
I poured it down my throat, cupping
my hands around my mouth to make sure no water gets in.

My features got longer, and my figure broadened, my hips getting smaller, as I kept an athletic appearance, with little muscle.
I was just about ready to try practicing what I had to do with Grandmother when I heard a subtle gasp come from around the entranceway.
Surprisingly, Grandmother heard it to, (I suppose she could hear very well) and rounded the corner without fear, telling me to stay, summoning her authority, she turned-
and hollered at the top of her lungs "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?!"
Scarlett stumbled away to the side, a petrified look on her face.