Chapter 4

It was not so easy-going for Veer to forget everything that his father did for him even though he was not close to him. Today his father left enough fortune for him and his seven generations that they can sit and enjoy but that was not what Veer wanted, he wanted his father to spend some time with him, he wanted to talk to him, he wanted his father to understand him. He was least concerned about his father's business, being extremely emotional Veer had built a wall around him so well that no one could look at his sentiments that he was burying within.

While sitting in his lavish mansion that has every luxury to enjoy, Veer looked up the ceiling and felt extremely sad and lonely, he cannot even remember last time when his father laughed with him and shared some nice moments because that happened so less or sometimes never.

He pressed his hands firmly on the arm of the revolving chair, got up and stood in front of his father's huge portrait in the hall, he looked at his ancestor's pictures lined up on a huge wall, all of them seemed overpoweringly strong and decorous but today he felt the world's feeblest man.

Even when his father was alive, he never felt like talking to him or sharing any special moment. Veer closed his eyes as he thought. A spur of irritation took over his handsome face, there was an anger in his eyes, he was not satisfied and instead regretted himself to be born in the royal family.

He knew girls mostly surround him because of his wealth, and due to this reason Veer left many of his friends who were only with him because of his affluence. But in reality, no one stood by him.

Manohar looked at his lonely friend and walked up to him. He saw Veer staring at the pictures on the wall "looking at your ancestors?"

Veer did not turn to look at him but kept on staring at the pictures "Manohar, one day my picture will be hanging in this line."

Manohar felt bad the way Veer was behaving, he knew Veer has always been incredibly quiet, he never liked talking much but today he saw him getting ravaged "Veer, Kaka is waiting, please have your dinner".

Veer did not even bother to listen; something was killing him inside as if there is nothing left for him to live in this world. "Not now Manohar, just leave me alone".

-----------------------

Manohar went towards the dining hall, the room was huge, it had large paintings on all four walls surrounding it. Twenty-four chairs lined up nicely against a huge table. Two huge crystal chandeliers were making the room brighter and more beautiful. Different dishes lay nicely on the table, Kaka was placing them carefully from the servant when he looked at Manohar's sad face "you look sad?? how come??"

Manohar tried to smile at the old man "Kaka, Veer is not ready to come."

He could not meet the old man's eyes and quickly walked out of the room wiping his tears. Kaka was surprised at Manohar's behaviour as he had never left food and walked away without eating.

Kaka went towards the hall "chote sahib, food is ready", Veer closed his eyes for a second and then looked at his Kaka.

Kaka came closer and placed his hand on his head "everything will be alright" the moment he said Veer grasped his hand in his hands but did not say anything. Veer's eyes said everything to Kaka, he knew that Veer loved his father a lot, but he does not know how to show any feelings. Kaka knew Veer since childhood and this was how Veer was, he never knew how to express his feelings to anyone. May be that is why there was so much distance between the father and son.

"Chote sahib, please come." Kaka caressed his head; Veer did not say anything but simply got up from the chair and walked towards the dining hall.

______********